It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: I think last night
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:24 pm 

was the first time I've ever been a little mad at God. I know disasters happen, it's a fallen world, blah, blah, blah. But I was crying about that family that drowned in the van. Four kids and their great grandparents. Why? Just why? Four kids, their entire futures gone in an instant. Why was God's plan for their lives, to die tragically before they even got to live?! The parents lost all of their kids in an instant. So senseless. And the elderly couple. They lived a long life, and to have it end like that? I just can't wrap my mind around it.

Post subject: Re: I think last night
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:41 pm 

I know twin brothers. They have lived drastically different lives as adults. Side by side one looks ten years older. People make decisions with their lives because they have free will. These decisions have consequences, good and bad. Sometimes no matter what the decision, the outcome is bad. We are not guaranteed a happy life. But the one we are given we should strive to live for Him. Come what may. My love for God is unconditional.

I have chosen to live in a hurricane evacuation zone. I already gave everything up to God. If He wants to take it all away, including the house, I am okay with it. I will take my cat and family pictures and drive away. It will be up to Him if I make it out in time.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:00 pm 

It is SO sad from our viewpoint. From His? Well, we just don't know the bigger picture. Maybe it was His mercy that those kids and grands come to Him now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:52 pm 

But the kids did not make the choice that led to their deaths. The driver is the one who chose to go out driving, and he got out alive. I know he was trying to do what was right, but it's still his fault, not the other people in the car. And I don't know that they all even went to heaven, who knows? But I believe even though we make choices, God is the one who is ultimately in control, and I just don't know why he would give a family 4 children, just to take them all away instantly. I know this is not the only case that has happened, I've heard of other stories of families losing all their children in a car accident or something, and I wonder the same thing. I'm not one of those people who thinks they know better than God, but from this side, it's so senseless and such a waste.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:26 am 

Wjen my dh died, someone told me that God was grieving his early death more than I was. God didn't want him to die, but his chouces, and the choice of the other driver had consequences.

Whether this is true or not, I don't know but it helped me.

Also, it took me a few years.. But one day it occured to me that I will probably never know the answer to "why". I was driving myself crazy trying to figure it out, but then I remember the Bible verse about "Who knows the mind of God? His ways are past finding out." I'm paraphrasing and I don't know the exact verse, but those words spoke to me. Here I was trying to get answers to something that I wasnt meant to know! It was a burden lifted at that moment.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:18 pm 

:)
Romans 11
33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
34 “For who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has become His counselor?”
35 “Or who has first given to Him
And it shall be repaid to him?”
36 For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

Bible Study Fellowship will be studying Romans again this year.
https://www.bsfinternational.org/studies/our-studies

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:49 pm 

Thanks Briva!
I should have known it was from Romans, that is my favorite book in the Bible. :)

It has given me so much comfort over the years.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:34 am 

The father made the choice. The grand parents died also. No mention of the mother.
God knows the father made the idiotic choice and he will have to answer to God.
Hopefully those children are in heaven , we do not know for sure, if they were of the age of accountability. If the mother is still alive, I would pray for her.
We do not know if it was on purpose. People were yelling at him. So he I do believe knew what he was doing.
Lisa, just pray for the mother. Everything else is up to God. If he did not want it to happen , God could had stopped it. that is all I have to say.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:53 pm 

Sorry, Lisa. (((Hugs)))

Tory made a great point.

Someone said something that helped me years ago, They said that when God chooses to take someone, He knows the future, and if leaving them here another year (or 20) would bring them closer to an Eternity with HIM - He would do it. so He always chooses the best time for every soul.

The Old Testament Book (in the Intertestamental books - sometimes called the Apocrypha) "The Wisdom of Solomon" has very helpful verses about the death of the Young, in Chapters 3 & 4. You might find these passages helpful - you can find them on Bible Gateway in the RSV translation, or TEV.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:41 pm 

Briva wrote:
:)
Romans 11
33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
34 “For who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has become His counselor?”
35 “Or who has first given to Him
And it shall be repaid to him?”
36 For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

Bible Study Fellowship will be studying Romans again this year.
https://www.bsfinternational.org/studies/our-studies

Love it! Reminds me of Job 41.