It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:17 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Dream
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:37 am 

I dreamed i answered the phone and it was my boss/friend. She said hello and then this strong electrical current came thru the phone and made my arm go nutso like a hose with too much water surging thru it. I called for help but dh didn't hear me so i ran to him as my arm was flailing all around. He grabbed my hand and said, "It's ok. I know what to do. It's salmine."

Now, i don't know that i've EVER heard that word before so i had to look it up this morning. It was so clearly said in my dream. Here's what it is:

Medical Definition of salmine: a protamine obtained from the sperm of salmon and used chiefly in the form of its sulfate to reverse the anticoagulant effect of heparin or as the protamine component of protamine zinc insulin !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

WHHHAAATTT?

Post subject: Re: Dream
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:15 am 

Boy. That's weird even for you!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:30 am 

Tory wrote:
Boy. That's weird even for you!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:o :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:34 am 

any chance this is related to your research on health issues lately? maybe you saw it in a website and forgot you had read it?

And of course, that great news story about the teenager using the PLUGGED IN :shock: phone in the tub and wondering why she got electrocuted :roll: may have come into play with that "surge thru the phone" image :geek:

Glad DH was able to help you ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:41 pm 

Its so very sad about that girl. Her step mother was on tv and she said they do that often!!
I guess people don't realize the basic safety rules we knew growing up? Like always watching a child when they are near water, don't cross against the light, don't have electrial appliances in the bathtub.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:26 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
any chance this is related to your research on health issues lately? maybe you saw it in a website and forgot you had read it?

And of course, that great news story about the teenager using the PLUGGED IN :shock: phone in the tub and wondering why she got electrocuted :roll: may have come into play with that "surge thru the phone" image :geek:

Glad DH was able to help you ;)

I don't know anything about the girl that was electrocuted? There is a (small) chance i came across it when looking for info on blood clots. Remember last year after our trip from CA to WA i was complaining of a painful spot in my leg. I did check out blood clot symptoms but i don't *really* think the salmine thing came up in those articles. I could be mistaken. :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:35 pm 

The girl was just electrocuted a few days ago. She was 14, sitting in the bathtub, using her phone that was plugged in to charge it. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:40 am 

Tory wrote:
The girl was just electrocuted a few days ago. She was 14, sitting in the bathtub, using her phone that was plugged in to charge it. :(

Did she die?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:00 pm 

Sis wrote:
Tory wrote:

Did she die?

Yes, she did. :(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:24 pm 

I didn't realize that the girl had passed away. The news headline I read said that a girl had been burned on the hand, and I didn't read the story. It's a tragedy. So sad that the family didn't know such a basic thing.