It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: It's thursday, right?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:13 am 

Working all this week with a holiday thrown in has me a little cornfused! :P I know it's thursday because my Cozi told me it's trash day. :lol:

Kind of a rough 4th around us - a guy we knew well 20 years ago died over the weekend and we heard about it on tuesday. He was 46 and died of a pulmonary embolism. Rather shocking. And my co-worker's sister was in a car accident and really shook said co-worker up. Thankfully everyone walked away from the accident.

But our own little bubble was fine. Watched fireworks in town which i haven't done in eons! :) Up past my bed time and i fell asleep last night and missed church!

Post subject: Re: It's thursday, right?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:07 pm 

Sis,since dh has been home I donot know what day of the week it is anymore. I have to look at the date on the computer screen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:34 pm 

I'm all mixed up too! I kept thinking Wednesday was Monday because that's when the boys went back to work. I've been so confused all week.

I'm so sorry about your friend. :( 46 is so young! My dh was only 43 and PE was the "official" cause of death for him, too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:41 pm 

sorry about your friend : (

It seems clotting disorders do happen rather young. My late sister was 46 when she passed away, too. Our other family members with life-threatening clotting conditions were under 40. They're quite dangerous to young people, sadly.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:49 pm 

I didn't realize PE's were quite so common!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:54 pm 

Sorry to hear about your friend. :(

We had a battle with our HOA over fireworks. We live outside city limits, so it's legal to do fireworks and we have always had great shows and it's one of my favorite things about our neighborhood. But a new HOA management took over and "banned" them without even taking a vote on it. The potential fine is $500. Well, our little rural Texas community made it a point to show they are NOT ok with things being passed without the residents getting a say. They put on a show, just as great as ever. We'll see if anyone actually gets fined. One of the board members left the board because of this issue and he says the they won't be able to enforce this rule and no one will get a fine.

H was going to buy fireworks to do with the kids, but when I warned him about the possible fine, he didn't want to risk it. But we did have some little "poppers" left over from New Years, so the kids did those and then we sat and watched the show.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:44 am 

Sis wrote:
I didn't realize PE's were quite so common!

In our family, they tend to hit the brain rather than the lungs (tho we have one relative who had a PE)

we have a branch of the family with a genetic clotting disorder.