It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:56 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Re: What's for dinner?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:03 pm 

I can't get a taste for cauliflower.. I keep trying, though! I like zucchini "noodles" with spaghetti sauce.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:44 pm 

Briva wrote:
Had spaghetti with cauliflower and marinara over it. I pretend the cauliflower are meatballs.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You must have a GREAT imagination!!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:48 pm 

I took leftover salmon and asparagus to work for lunch and it was still amazing. :) Maybe even better than the first time! I think i'm going to cook some up and freeze them in individual servings to have on the fly or for work. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:53 pm 

Tory wrote:
Sis wrote:
I lied. Tonight we're having a Puerto Rican dish that we call Puerto Rican Special. ;) Pinto beans, pork and rice with a tomato sauce and green olives.

I think I'm going to fry up some fish tonight and have Cole slaw on the side instead of the sausage.

Fish and coleslaw sounds good. :)

My mom cooked up some broccoli and rolls to go with our dinner tonight. She puts NO salt in the broccoli and dh will only eat a polite tiny piece. And she cooks so much at once - sigh. Of course when she makes the rolls we eat ALL of them! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:21 pm 

We are on a kick of vegetable plates. Green beans and banana peppers coming in from the garden like crazy, cucumbers just starting to come in. Zucchini on a regular basis. Got a nice big bag of new red potatoes and fresh corn from the farm stand. If anyone wants something else with that, they make a sandwich :D

Nobody else here eats tomatoes but I like to make myself a tomato salad with a cut up tomato, banana pepper, salt/pepper/garlic/onion, nutritional yeast, a little cheese and a squirt of ranch, stir it all up. Kind of like a tomato sandwich without the bread! It's really good with olives when i have them. And always a side of homemade kraut :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:26 pm 

coastal Carol wrote:
We are on a kick of vegetable plates. Green beans and banana peppers coming in from the garden like crazy, cucumbers just starting to come in. Zucchini on a regular basis. Got a nice big bag of new red potatoes and fresh corn from the farm stand. If anyone wants something else with that, they make a sandwich :D

Nobody else here eats tomatoes but I like to make myself a tomato salad with a cut up tomato, banana pepper, salt/pepper/garlic/onion, nutritional yeast, a little cheese and a squirt of ranch, stir it all up. Kind of like a tomato sandwich without the bread! It's really good with olives when i have them. And always a side of homemade kraut :lol:

Tonight i had snap peas, and broccoli with minced garlic and a side of avocado slices. :) And it was all gooood. The boys had venison burgers. :?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:55 pm 

Tried something a little different. I usually make a white bean soup with turnips and greens. Saw an Italian recipe for bruschetta (sp?) with pureed white bean topped with sauteed greens on top. I cooked my recipe for white bean soup, cooked my greens with garlic and onions and smoked paprika. Served that on the soup over rice.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:58 pm 

I started tonight doing fasting for 36 hrs and the next 12 hours have a "Window of eating" of two hours in the 12hrs. I hope that made sense. got stocked up on my plain tea.
I will see by the end of July what I weigh.
I had gained back weight with all this not knowing what will happen around here financially.
THat two hour window of eating I will eat healthy.
I need to do something for me not for everyone else.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:47 pm 

I have been eating smaller portions. Serve myself a little, eat slowly and then no seconds. If I feel hungry between meals, I drink water or herbal tea, or hot black coffee. I just zipped up a skirt I have not worn in awhile. I was hoping to shrink my stomach. I find that overnight oats for breakfast helps me get through the morning and I am not starving at lunch. So I just eat a little. I will have that like every other day, though.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:17 pm 

I had an Asian Rice & Veggie Bowl tonight - everyone else had Soup.

I *made* Greek Giant Beans (Gigantes) for dinner - but when dinner time came, we were all hungry for something else! So, I put it in the fridge for tomorrow : )