It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:41 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Anxieties
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:29 am 

I know so many people with anxiety issues and they often appear very different, even in the same people. One friend gets up every morning and throws up. She is never free from anxiety (or very seldom) but she has learned to live as tho' she doesn't experience it. From watching her, i would say she "forgets" she's anxious. She has worked the same job for 17 years, is very good at her job and at handling people even in stressful situations.

I've watched my boss handle plenty of situations and, while she seems in control and unflappable at times, i see her need for routine and order. If she gets out of routine she starts flailing a bit.

Others i know are incapacitated by it. They are not able to work for any length of time because of interaction with other people. (And then some use it as an excuse not to work.) And yet others have meltdowns occasionally and you wonder if they are stable at all - and the rest of the time they are working or living like they own the world!

It's one of those things that you don't want to judge people for because you don't walk in their shoes but you may always be wondering. ;)

Just some ramblings this morning. LOL Off to work!

Post subject: Re: Anxieties
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:40 am 

I sympathize with those individuals who have no spiritual compass. Ever since I was a teen I can not fathom a life without Christ as my guide. I was given my first, plain Jane Bible when I was 13. I still cherish it. It got me through tough times. I questioned an atheist friend in college and asked her how she coped. She was an exchange student. She was blank. I introduced her to Christ to fill that blank space. Years later in her correspondence, she would add prayers and blessings in her letters.

Routine helps me but I have been uprooted so many times, sigh. I need a faith community. Building one from scratch again is hard. At least we made lifelong friends in TX.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Post subject: Re: Anxieties
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:45 pm 

The Bible says be anxious for nothing.. But I'm still learning even at my age. I don't know how to not be anxious! My mom was really bad... As a child I wasn't allowed to go more than ankle deep in water. (she couldn't swim and was afraid of water), I couldn't go away from home on trips, I couldn't date, I couldn't roam the house during a storm... (lightning might strike through a window! A tornado might hit!)...

So I grew up in fear. It's really hard to let that go. I've spent my life trying to not hold my own kids back... I tell them that everything is scary but you can still do it! I wish *I* could get out of my comfort zone more.
I want yo leave home and go west to live, but I'm afraid. So, I'll probably die here.

My dh was a big help in my getting out more, I always had him in case of car trouble or whatever! But with him gone.. Well... :(