It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:56 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: So little, so great.
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:52 am 

Ahhhhhhh. 8-) I pulled out my chair (which sits in a corner) and took out the floor lamp that sat behind it. The lampshade has been burned a few places by lightbulbs that touched it :? and the cord is frayed. I put it out by the trash.

I pulled out all the books, trash, pens, and what-have-you and vacuumed where the chair goes, then the chair. Just that little bit of clearing out feels so great! Of course most of it is now stacked around the room! :lol:

The next spot is my set of cubbies. They are wire cubbies, 4 in all hooked in a cube. I need to clear it completely out and just put in the things i need/want there. But.... where do i put the rest?!!!

I don't know what most of the cords are for 2 were for dead lamps (old with frayed wiring) and the rest must pertain to the puter/internet. ??

Anyway, i wanted to sit in my spot for a moment before going on. :)

Post subject: Re: So little, so great.
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:59 am 

Great job! It's wonderful to make progress, eh?

"The next spot is my set of cubbies. They are wire cubbies, 4 in all hooked in a cube. I need to clear it completely out and just put in the things i need/want there. But.... where do i put the rest?!!!

I don't know what most of the cords are for 2 were for dead lamps (old with frayed wiring) and the rest must pertain to the puter/internet. ??"

Our solution to this dilemma is this:
Put the stuff in a box, and label it "living room cubbies and behind chair, misc, 2017"

Then, if you find that you're missing something that should have been there, you know the box to go to.

If not, in a year, you double-check the contents of the box and either donate or toss it, as appropriate.

I find it's a LOT easier in a year : )

(we do this with toys-on-the-floor, too : )

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:19 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
Put the stuff in a box, and label it "living room cubbies and behind chair, misc, 2017"

Then, if you find that you're missing something that should have been there, you know the box to go to.

If not, in a year, you double-check the contents of the box and either donate or toss it, as appropriate.

GREAT idea! :) I had dh put the filing cabinet in my closet, too. And i hung up some towels that have been stacked in my closet. I have no where else to keep at the moment. When dgs leaves i'll have his cubby in the bathroom to use. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:54 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:

That does not work for me. Dh would go through the box and take stuff out and it would end up in clutter again. I have to make quick decisions on garbage pick up day and hide it in the garbage bin. If I put stuff in a box for the thrift store, he goes through it, too.

It must hereditary. When his dad died, his brother was finally able to clean out the garage. It was wall to wall, floor to ceiling in there of stuff.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:17 pm 

Briva wrote:
Anna1111 wrote:

:ro

That does not work for me. Dh would go through the box and take stuff out and it would end up in clutter again. I have to make quick decisions on garbage pick up day and hide it in the garbage bin. If I put stuff in a box for the thrift store, he goes through it, too.

It must hereditary. When his dad died, his brother was finally able to clean out the garage. It was wall to wall, floor to ceiling in there of stuff.

:roll: Thankfully, i don't have that problem - unless i'm cleaning out HIS stuff! ;) Oh, did i mention that he traded 2 rigs for 1?! We got rid of a 1997 chevy truck and a 1973 Harley for a 1997 Land Rover. :) Now THAT's decluttering! :mrgreen: