It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Crazy weather
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:43 pm 

We had a storm coming through and it was getting really windy. I remembered we had not brought our trashcan and recycling bins in from the curb after pickup, so ds and I ran out to bring them in. We saw some lightening as we were bringing them in. We came in and I closed the garage door. Literally seconds later, I heard a really loud sound and it took me a minute to figure out what it was. It was hail beating against the garage door! :o

It looked crazy outside. After the storm blew through, I looked outside and branches were broken off our small tree and one of them was partially under my van. It didn't look like there was any hail damage to the cars, though. But a little while later, there was a very loud thunderclap, just out of nowhere. A short while later, there were a lot of sirens. Then someone posted on the Neighborhood app, that someone's house a couple blocks away from us, was struck by lightening and had minor fire damage. Two firetrucks, an ambulance, and some police showed up and had the whole street blocked off. The owner wasn't home. Boy were they in for a surprise.

The storms seem extra crazy this year. The last big storm, someone's AC was struck by lightening. Between the tornadoes and lightening this year, it's just crazy.

Post subject: Re: Crazy weather
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:13 am 

You haven't been in Texas long enough. Our very first week in Texas, lightning took out a transformer and our side of the street had no power for days. It was okay. Our water heater and our stove were gas and we had not even bought our fridge yet. Still had our cooler. Two years in a row our entire neighborhood was hit by hail, took out windows and uprooted trees. We had two big trees that shielded our windows. Everyone was putting up new roofs. Dh had already installed our metal roof. When we moved out into the rural area, we had to evacuate three times because of tornadoes. Don't know how many times I had to park our van on the leeward side of the house so hail would not pound it.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:14 am 

Good grief! Too much excitement! Glad there was no real damage.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:22 am 

The other morning about 4am I heard thunder and lightning , Looked outside and it was not raining.
It was hours later before the rain got here. We have never been warned by thunder and lightning that far in advance.
It has been windy and I mean windy here for a week. You could hear it. The trees in neighbors yards were swaying. and doing it for the next few days.
I have learned not to trust the weather people needless to say their screw up last year ,
Lisa, just keep pillows ready to take to the bathroom to cover the kids up with and you of course.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:41 pm 

Tornado touched down close to here. The people weren't notified due to human error. Class 2 hit and a shrimp boat was 9verturn3d and now 3 people are missing. :(

I was watching the radar and saw the path it was taking. I'm learning to make judgements for myself when we have bad weather. I can call it about half the time now if we will have a tornado. They are becoming that frequent. :(