It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:12 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Re: Is the weather cooling down where you are?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:15 pm 

scottbiddle wrote:
Not here. Monday it "only" hit 100, but we have been at 103+ every day other than that for over a week now (including 2 days at 107). Tuesday and Wednesday we were at 104 and yesterday we were at 105 and we're predicted to hit that again (it's already 99 at 11 a.m. and expected to hit 105 again today). Ironically, the abnormally dry summer for Arkansas is a slight blessing when it comes to the lack of humidity (though of course the fire danger is high and we are in a drought).

I posted this yesterday, so of course we hit 105 yesterday before only hitting 96 today (and we got a tenth of an inch of rain!!! Woo Hoo!!!)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:43 pm 

It is much nicer here. Amazing what dropping 10 degrees or so can make. Not sure what todays temps will be but right now it is only 76 out and the overall feel of oppression is missing. Yesterday it was warm, but not overbearing like it has been. Perhaps our heat wave is over and normal summer temps won't seem so bad.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:21 pm 
YES. It's been over 90 [and sometimes over 100] for the last 16 days, I think they said. I just spent the week at my mom's [she has a/c]. A cool front moved through and it is beautiful today, just in time for the 300,000 folks here to get their power back since last Tuesday!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:30 pm 

Raleigh NC just broke a record. They've seen temps at or above 100 for the last six days. They haven't had a string that long since they started to keep records in 1944. We've have been about the same here. 98-100 for last week. That's pretty high for NC especially for so many days in a row. Supposedly it will cool down to low 90's by Wed. We're going to have a cold winter! That's usually the pattern here. When we have really hot summers, we have really cold winters and with the heat I'm ready for winter.