It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:24 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cleaning
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:18 pm 

Mom had a doctor appointment today so i stayed home. :) Since i've been watching those cleaning videos i was more than ready to start cleaning the minute she walked out the door. I've turned a blind eye to the upstairs and never use the bathroom up there except for the rare bath now and then.

I can say it wasn't as bad as it *could* have been. BUT, i spent an hour cleaning the sink, toilet, floor and mirror in the bathroom and cleaning the counters in the kitchen. I washed the bottom part of the big kitchen window and did the few dishes that were sitting on the counter and washed one cupboard door. I did "cook" some teensy little pie crusts i found at the store last week and filled them with blueberry pie filling but that was after the hour cleaning.

I didn't even do the kitchen floor or fridge. I wanted to be done before she got home. I'm sure she won't notice most of it but she'll probably notice the brown spots gone out of the sink. She's been working on them for a week. I just poured some bleach in a sink full of water and let it sit awhile.

YES! I used the killer cleaners! Lysol, bleach, windex, Comet! I've also decided i need to just do a quick wipe down at least once a week in the bathroom and kitchen counters. She does clean so i felt ok about not worrying about it too much until i saw what she misses. :? Not only can she not see that well but she doesn't have feeling in her fingertips. We count on that a lot when we clean, i think.

Also, her room has not been vacuumed in ages. It's the only upstairs room with carpet so there's not a vacuum up there. {AHA! I was talking to dh and found out that "her" vacuum is downstairs but needed charged. It's now charging.} I can run thru her room real quick once a week or leave it up there for her to use. I'm buying a new lightweight stick vacuum to use for the house as i HATE the big heavy one we have. The stick is good for bare floors and pretty good on carpet so it should be all i need now. :mrgreen: Thankfully i'm finding something to do with the money i'm making!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:08 pm 

Sounds like a good plan! Also, does she wash her bed sheets? That might be something to do for her if she can't. Stripping and making beds is hard for older people to do.

(From looking at my boys' room apparently it's hard for 20 somethings, too! :roll: )

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:10 pm 

Sounds great, Sis!

I just got one of these for our floors, and it is AMAZING
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Shark-Rechar ... r/24069684

I had seen the employees using it at Bob Evans, and was impressed enuf to buy one. If you don't already have a brand in mind, it's what I'd recommend : )

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:48 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
Sounds great, Sis!

I had seen the employees using it at Bob Evans, and was impressed enuf to buy one. If you don't already have a brand in mind, it's what I'd recommend : )

That's similar to my mom's! I was telling dh how it was good because it could get under the bed and stuff but only holds a charge about 2 minutes. I told him that "in that 2 minutes it sucked out a sock from under the bed". He showed me how full the dust catcher part was and that there was a sock and a dryer sheet stuck up in it!!! LOL I said "well, there were TWO socks under there" and he said "you mean there was ANOTHER sock!?" LOL So WITH the sock and dryer sheet and the bin full - it still did a decent job!

I did decide on a Shark but it's one of the more spendy ones. I'm hoping it will replace my Kirby. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:22 pm 

Tory wrote:
Sounds like a good plan! Also, does she wash her bed sheets? That might be something to do for her if she can't. Stripping and making beds is hard for older people to do.

(From looking at my boys' room apparently it's hard for 20 somethings, too! :roll: )

I do her laundry and yes, she throws her bed sheets in regularly. I did help her change the bed once but she seems to get it done so far. I had the easiest bed to make growing up. Why does it seem so much more difficult now?! I always made my bed, no prompting needed. I was actually a clean kid! No clothes on the floor, cleaned up after myself. None of those genes got passed down. :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:37 pm 

Sis wrote:
Anna1111 wrote:
Sounds great, Sis!

That's similar to my mom's! I was telling dh how it was good because it could get under the bed and stuff but only holds a charge about 2 minutes. I told him that "in that 2 minutes it sucked out a sock from under the bed". He showed me how full the dust catcher part was and that there was a sock and a dryer sheet stuck up in it!!! LOL I said "well, there were TWO socks under there" and he said "you mean there was ANOTHER sock!?" LOL So WITH the sock and dryer sheet and the bin full - it still did a decent job!

I did decide on a Shark but it's one of the more spendy ones. I'm hoping it will replace my Kirby. :mrgreen:

It sounds to me like the battery didn't die, it was MURDERED! :o That poor motor having to eat two socks! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm VERY happy with my economy model Shark - I can't think of anything I'd WANT in an upgrade. (well, DD would like it to be pink, as I told her it was "her sweeper" - as in - this chore is hers now ;) )

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:39 pm 

Sis wrote:
Tory wrote:

I do her laundry and yes, she throws her bed sheets in regularly. I did help her change the bed once but she seems to get it done so far. I had the easiest bed to make growing up. Why does it seem so much more difficult now?! I always made my bed, no prompting needed. I was actually a clean kid! No clothes on the floor, cleaned up after myself. None of those genes got passed down. :P

I have yet to figure out why ANYONE makes beds! :?:
I make them ONLY when I wash the sheets ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:49 pm 

I have yet to figure out why ANYONE makes beds! :?:
I make them ONLY when I wash the sheets ;)

>>> Well, i know what you mean. I probably make mine now because of dh. HOWEVER, i do think the room looks so much nicer with the bed "dressed". Now, if i could only get MYSELF dressed each day..... :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:02 pm 

It sounds to me like the battery didn't die, it was MURDERED! :o That poor motor having to eat two socks! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HUMPH!

I'm VERY happy with my economy model Shark - I can't think of anything I'd WANT in an upgrade. (well, DD would like it to be pink, as I told her it was "her sweeper" - as in - this chore is hers now ;) )[/quote]

I can't see a convenient way to compare them so i dunno. BUT, mine does come with a car detailing kit. :mrgreen: And it's a nice orange - i like orange! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:26 pm 

Do you have a link for the one you're looking at? Now you've got me curious!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next