It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:36 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Kid's shows
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:01 pm 

Why must they remake them? Why fix what isn't broken? I can't stand the abomination that is Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, but after the last episode I saw, it's banned in this house. This was the song that was sung over and over throughout the episode, "When you don't get what you want, stomp three times, to make yourself feel better". :shock: Yeah, that's just what my strong-willed child needs to hear.

I looked up who came up with the idea for this show, and it was the Fred Rogers foundation! When he passed away, they contacted PBS and asked what show they were going to create as a tribute to him, and this is what they came up with. He must be rolling in his grave. Wouldn't airing the original Mister Rogers' Neighborhood shows, be a more appropriate tribute? How are kids today so different from kids in the past? Are they so dumb, that they have to dumb down all the good shows of the past?

Anyways, I thought I would get the original Mister Rogers' Neighborhood for Xavier, but when I went to Amazon, there are only two options. You can buy each season, but only for a digital device. Or you can get an actual DVD for about $10 each, only one episode on each DVD! It would be nice to just get a DVD with the whole season on it, like with other shows, but looks like they are just trying to make money off people. It looks like it's the same with Sesame Street, Reading Rainbow, etc. I wish the old classics were more easily available. Everything they remake, is garbage. :twisted:

Post subject: Re: Kid's shows
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:11 pm 

I feel the same way about Dora. She encourages the kids to yell out the words.. I mean really yell! Izzy is already a loud child and having her yell at the tv over and over Dora: "I can't hear you!!" ugh!

There are not many shows that she watches here lol! I'm glad I kept the vhs tapes and dvd s from my kids childhoods. Also.. Look for "Between the Lions" "Salsa" "Arthur" you can't go wrong with them. :)

Post subject: Re: Kid's shows
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:14 pm 

Also Dora is supposed to teach Spanish... That's a joke. Salsa is much better.