It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:53 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spring cleaning
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:52 pm 

I've seen shows where the do paint the brick. One lady chose a very soft yellow. I thought.. Oh no! But when it was finished it looked so good.

Oh that reminds me of a question! I'll start another thread for that though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:28 pm 

Thinking about it i realized that my bricks are like corduroy. MAN - that would be hard to paint and impossible to "un-paint". I did read where brick can be stained. Might look into that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:43 pm 

They spray painted it on the TV show. I'm with you about how hard brick would be to paint! There really is no going back... You'd have to have it sand blasted off! Lol!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:45 pm 

However... Do you live forever with something you don't like anymore? Or take the chance and change it?, that's my dilemma!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:46 pm 

Tory wrote:
I can't remember the last time I cleaned the curtains. They really needed cleaning. The water was black, lol!

Lisa, be careful with magic erasers. They are great for "most" surfaces but they will take the finish off of cabinets and wood furniture.

Thanks, I have used them before, but I think it was just for the walls. I will be careful and test it first if we use it on anything else.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:09 pm 

Sis wrote:

Wait. The app costs? Well, the app is free but you have to register for $10 for 3 months? I've been part of the Flylady community, off and on, for many years but i've never paid for it. While i wouldn't mind supporting her, actually, i can get the same thing from the Cozi free! I think. Well, i'll go check them both out. :)

I've loaded it onto several different phones and never had to pay or register. I didn't know they had made you pay now!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:22 pm 

Tory wrote:
However... Do you live forever with something you don't like anymore? Or take the chance and change it?, that's my dilemma!

Change it! I lived for 15 years with my shabby carpet and drapes. I was afraid to "make a mistake" when it costs so much. I finally said i didn't care. I'd live with naked windows and whatever was under the carpet and I'M SO GLAD I DID!!! LOL I can't believe i waited so long!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:41 pm 

Sis wrote:
Tory wrote:

Change it! I lived for 15 years with my shabby carpet and drapes. I was afraid to "make a mistake" when it costs so much. I finally said i didn't care. I'd live with naked windows and whatever was under the carpet and I'M SO GLAD I DID!!! LOL I can't believe i waited so long!

This is my thinking too. No one else will live here.. So I won't have to worry about having to sell... So why not decorate the way I want?,
If it's a bad decision I can always change it to something else right?

Oh.. But why is it so hard to do it? :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:14 pm 

Tory wrote:
Sis wrote:
Tory wrote:

This is my thinking too. No one else will live here.. So I won't have to worry about having to sell... So why not decorate the way I want?,
If it's a bad decision I can always change it to something else right?

Oh.. But why is it so hard to do it? :shock:

What is it you're wanting to do first?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:20 pm 

Kitchen cabinets. They are brown and I'm sick of brown. However there are a lot of cabinets!! :(

Counter tops are white so that will have to stay. I'm trying to decide... Do I go with painting just the cabinets and keeping walls the same. Or do I paint walls and cabinets? This is why I'm needed a painting app. So I can see it before I decide.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next