It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:57 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Spring cleaning
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:08 pm 

How many of you Spring clean?
The other day the weather was nice and I decided to open windows. :shock: that's when I noticed that they were pretty dirty!!

So I cleaned the 3 front windows that are the main ones. They are in the living room. Then (of course! :lol: ) I noticed how dirty the curtains were. Today, I took all of them down and washed them. They smell so good now. And clean... Funny how you don't notice something and then when you do its such an improvement you wonder how you let it go so long, :oops:

Post subject: Re: Spring cleaning
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:30 pm 
Site Owner

I did some serious cleaning during my Christmas break. I hope I'll have time in spring break to repaint the interior of the house. It really needs it!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:41 pm 

I *used* to do spring cleaning. It's a wonderful feeling to have the house all clean again. :) I guess i blame it on getting older - eyesight not what it used to be, lower energy level, less muscle to use, etc. I hope to give it a good cleaning this year and do some painting as well. I like cleaning under the fridge and stove but cleaning the grime off the kitchen ceiling and cupboards - UGH!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:08 pm 

I normally clean really well before Christmas, but over the years with working its not getting done. Cleaning the kitchen Ugh! I know what you mean!!
I'm taking advantage of having Ds home to get more deep cleaning done. I don't like getting up on a ladder when I'm home alone. Funny what you think of as you get older. I used to never give falling a thought, but now...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:17 am 

I'm definitely doing some spring cleaning. It's usually all I can do to keep up with the basics, I don't have time to deep clean. The walls have crayon all over them from forever ago and how easy it would be to just use a magic eraser on it, but it just hasn't happened. I need to get out some magic erasers and rags and have the kids help clean all the surfaces. The kids just destroy everything, I can't keep up. Sometimes I wonder, "Why bother?"

It's funny because dd recently surprised me, by wiping down the outside of the fridge, just out of nowhere. She sometimes just does random stuff like that, and I definitely appreciate it. I need to shampoo the carpet, dust, and wipe down everything. I need to organize the stuff in the garage. Tomorrow is yard work day. Is there ever anything that doesn't need to be done?

The baby is almost 18 months old, and I am just now starting to feel like I'm finally coming out of the fog. I had somewhat developed a cleaning routine before he was born (and it is very difficult for me to develop and stick to a routine), but then that routine was shot and I haven't been able to get back into it, with school and everything else. But with him getting a little older, I feel like I'm finally able to breathe a little bit and I'm starting to get back into a cleaning routine again.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:01 am 

I just did a week of cleaning. We were expecting a house guest. I didn't do the curtains :o I just have a one bdrm apt now with a tiny bathroom. It's not a problem. DS takes care of the loft, he vacuums.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:42 am 

I can't remember the last time I cleaned the curtains. They really needed cleaning. The water was black, lol!

Lisa, be careful with magic erasers. They are great for "most" surfaces but they will take the finish off of cabinets and wood furniture.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:54 am 

I need to go through kitchen ware, bowls, cups, baking stuff,pans, and get rid of duplicares
I did fill a garbage bag full of clothes that do not fit anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:54 am 

I need to go through kitchen ware, bowls, cups, baking stuff,pans, and get rid of duplicares
I did fill a garbage bag full of clothes that do not fit anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:40 am 

Mine needs a good cleaning. I just don't have it in me. Maybe I can con the tooth fairy into it lol.