It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:39 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Campus carry
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:14 am 

UT started campus carry awhile back, and I remember people freaking out about it, like a bunch of deranged psychos were going to run in with guns. No, that's what happens when good people DON'T have the right to arm themselves. Well, there hasn't been any problems yet! They had teachers refusing to go to class and all this hoopla, but now it's just silence.

Well, my community college is adopting the same policy in August and they are preparing us for it. I got a survey today and I gladly told them I support it and think it will make the campus safer. The whole reason school shooters do what they do, is because they know everyone is just sitting ducks, but not anymore.

All the people I know with concealed carry permits, are decent people and now I will be safer because of them. This is especially important, with two of the campuses I have been to not being in very good neighborhoods. The security on the campus itself seems to be good, but it definitely helps if people have the means to defend themselves.

Post subject: Re: Campus carry
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:25 am 

That's good news! The legal students i know at our college carry anyway because, they say, the school doesn't have a leg to stand on. ;)