It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:09 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Pneumonia by mold?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:45 pm 

My ds is dealing with a bout of pneumonia after tearing out a mold-filled area without wearing a respirator. The guy working with him is also having issues. :(

His breathing is better after a week but "something" has worked into his FOOT and he can't walk on it. The docs are saying RA but he thinks that's HIGHLY suspicious because his coworker is having the same thing happen! For them both to have RA show up at the same time after the same incident seems awfully coincidental.

I've heard of other people's infection showing up in their feet as well in the last several years altho' i never heard of it before.

Any tho'ts or stories about similar situations that could shed light on this?

Post subject: Re: Pneumonia by mold?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:24 pm 

Was this during employment, or something he did in his off time?

We recently had a mold issue. The professionals who came to deal with it said we shouldn't breathe near it without a respirator till it was removed - that we could get bacterial pneumonia that way. DD was already coming down with bronchitis when they told us that. I took her to the pediatrician, and he said "Nonsense! Mold is a fungus! You can't get a bacterial infection from a fungus!" He also said that Bronchitis is just going around.

But, of course, some molds can be dangerous to breathe (and there is a possibility of a FUNGAL infection - which is a whole different matter)

I'd say he should just ask the doc if there's any possible connection.

If it's work related, there could be a Worker's Comp or OSHA issue.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:28 pm 

It's work related. The doc's are confused and don't know what "it" is. They have tests that will come back tuesday. Isn't it weird that they both have issues with their same foot along with it? Ds says that's the worst thing right now, you know - now that he can BREATHE again!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:32 pm 

Sis wrote:
It's work related. The doc's are confused and don't know what "it" is. They have tests that will come back tuesday. Isn't it weird that they both have issues with their same foot along with it? Ds says that's the worst thing right now, you know - now that he can BREATHE again!

Make sure he files whatever the proper worker's comp paperwork is (in his state) in a timely fashion.

I have NO idea about the foot thing. I DO know that RA tends to be bilateral, so to have it in one foot in TWO people does seem a bit strange.