It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:49 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Pro Life movie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:10 am 

We just watched Arrival and this is a movie that will stick with me for a very long time. Amy Adams is one of my favorite actresses and it looked interesting, but it's not your typical alien movie. There is not a lot of action, but it's captivating and thought-provoking. By the end, you are pulling a muscle in your brain to figure it out, and then you realize you've been smacked upside the head with an incredible pro-life message. I was in tears. Such a beautiful movie and I can't recommend it enough, it may even be at the top of my favorite movies list. It's PG-13 and I don't remember anything bad in it, but there may have been a bad word somewhere.

Post subject: Re: Pro Life movie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:34 am 

It seems the popular "f" bomb is used = along with "HOLY". Rolling my eyes. I'd rather hear that than my Lord's name used improperly but WHY?! I suppose with the frequent use now that we'll hear more and more of it creeping into PG and PG13 movies. sigh

Thanks for the heads up on the movie! I like Amy Adams, too. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:52 pm 

I have seen the trailer. It looks intriguing. My wife is not a sci-fi fan, so it has not made our to watch list.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:37 pm 

My son, a staunch Tolkein fan, thought it was slow and didn't go anywhere, he didn't mention the pro life msg. Thanks for telling us.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:41 pm 

From what I am seeing in the reviews, sci-fi fans don't really appreciate it. People looking for a different story do. It does not appear to be your run of the mill space aliens movie.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:08 pm 

I saw it at Walmart and mentioned that "I heard it was good" so she bo't it! I haven't watched it yet.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:49 pm 

It looks like people got different messages from the movie, and some people didn't get it at all. We are huge sci-fi fans, but we also like movies that make you think, and this one still has me thinking about it. You have to be able to connect all the dots, to understand it, and I feel like I connected most of the dots, but could probably stand to watch it again. I like movies like that, there are too many dumbed down movies, these days.

The ending also raises moral questions and people have to decide if the character made the right choice or not.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:22 am 

I watched the trailer and it definitely looks interesting. We'll have to check it out.