It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:27 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: How was half time?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:44 pm 

I'd heard that people were going to "protest" it by turning their backs or turning off their tv's. I wonder if that happened at all? I also heard GAG wasn't as political as people tho't she was going to be. Anybody watch it?

Post subject: Re: How was half time?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:49 pm 

We watched it. I was prepared to change the channel if we needed to, but we were curious. We were pleasantly surprised. It was just a typical performance, felt like America was back to normal, for a moment. I much prefer her to Beyoncé or Katie Perry. Yeah, she could have wore more clothes and danced a little more family friendly, but what's new?

It started with her singing "God Bless America" and "This Land is Your Land", with red, white, and blue colors all around. Felt very patriotic. Then she said, "We are one nation, under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all". It all felt very patriotic. There was probably a subliminal message in some of it, but it was all done well and felt like she was trying to unite, instead of divide. After that, it was all just a typical performance of snippets of her songs. I may not be a fan of hers, but she did at least do what she was there to do, entertain. Everyone on every side of the political spectrum, seems to be relieved and happy with her performance.

Oh, and Adrian (who is obsessed with music and dancing) REALLY loved her performance! He was getting his groove on, all over our living room floor, lol.

I wish they would have Taylor Swift one of these years.

Post subject: Re: How was half time?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:41 pm 

We didn't watch but we rarely watch half time shows.... We were in the kitchen making doughnuts!
:D