It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:53 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: If you facebook....
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:57 am 

you can search "The Last Champion" in facebook and find ME in the pic of the Busy Bee restaurant! :) Right now it's one of the top pics on the page! (In the movie the filming is behind me so this may be my "cameo"!) :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: If you facebook....
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:40 pm 

Ooh going to look now!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:45 pm 

Is that you on the left?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:57 pm 

As much as I would like to see the pic (and I would!)

I do not fb. I'm allergic ;) :ugeek:

I don't even type out "fb" ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:42 pm 

Tory wrote:
Is that you on the left?

Yep! I'm sitting at the table with a guy and i have on my checked flannel. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:21 am 

You don't have to have a FB acct to see the pic, yay! Looks like our storefront except we have double door entry. Love the horses. We get filming crews here a lot. They filmed True Grit in the town just north of ours. Biggest one here was the transformer movie. That film crew drew the ire of the local business community. They closed down roads that were not planned and cost people days of revenue never compensated. They bullied their way into to town, now everybody hates anybody with a film crew. This is NOT a private set.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:02 pm 

Our town seems to only attract propaganda films for immorality : (

It would be nice if they made a movie here sometime that I would actually WANT to take DD to see!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:15 pm 

Briva wrote:
You don't have to have a FB acct to see the pic, yay! Looks like our storefront except we have double door entry. Love the horses. We get filming crews here a lot. They filmed True Grit in the town just north of ours. Biggest one here was the transformer movie. That film crew drew the ire of the local business community. They closed down roads that were not planned and cost people days of revenue never compensated. They bullied their way into to town, now everybody hates anybody with a film crew. This is NOT a private set.

I can't wait to see it all put together. :) It will be very interesting to see how our small parts fit into the whole and whether we can even be "seen" or just blurry figures.

I can see where it could be a pain. This was a small independent film in a very small town during the time of year where navigating the streets is tricky already. Fortunately, the Main St in the movie isn't the MAIN street thru town. ;) And they filmed a lot after things were closed - you know, the 3 businesses that are on that street. :lol: One of the cops is a good friend of ours and there was a BIT of a push to let them do things on THEIR time frame rather than anybody elses and without proper ok from police or officials of the business. Time is money and they DID work constantly. There were few breaks for the crew. Yet they were in "good moods" and happy almost always. I watched the director breathe deep once before answering the same question for the fifth time, from the same person. I was pleasantly surprised with the whole crew. If they were LESS amiable they coulda been run outta town. They probably know that. ;) I know the guy that runs the town (at least as far as i can tell) and he got a little irked that they expected him to come from across town at their beck and call to let them in some locked placed or other. But, i think he might be used to a very slow pace. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:21 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
Our town seems to only attract propaganda films for immorality : (

It would be nice if they made a movie here sometime that I would actually WANT to take DD to see!

The more i hear about this movie the more pleased i am! I am SOSOSOSO happy it's a family friendly movie! The director, his wife and daughter are all in on the whole thing - writing and directing and getting it out there. I guess something i haven't really formed into a thought until now was that i did expect more "worldliness" behind the scenes. I heard almost NO swearing or crude comments from anyone. There was a nice camaraderie between the crew and cast. There was only a slight difference between the way the "stars" were treated and us peons. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:46 pm 

That's great - something that you can feel really good about! : )