It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:26 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Tuck N Tumble
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:28 pm 

This is the gymnastics dd will be starting. She will have so much fun because she already does stuff like this around my house (I'm surprised she hasn't ended up in the ER yet!). Maybe now my furniture can get a break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wawmpqAYHxU&rel=0

Post subject: Re: Tuck N Tumble
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:04 pm 

Hope she enjoys it, but it's not for me. I have a severe headache today from a neck injury I got in gradeschool gymnastics (age 7) I've had a lifetime of pain from it : (

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:16 pm 

I taught myself most of that growing up as there was no gym in our little town. My 11 year old is in gymnastics and LOVES it. She is just starting the first competetive level in Sept.

I bet your dd will have loads of fun.

Anna, sorry you suffer from an old injury. :(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:18 pm 

She's going to love it! I took my dd for lessons once but she couldn't bend.. no kidding.. that kid was straight and stiff as a board and couldn't do any flips or rolls. Forget a cartwheel!! lol!
So it didn't last and that's what led to her doing horseback riding lessons, which she is telling me now that she misses so much and is again saying she wants a horse of her own.
:roll:
I just tell her she was born into the wrong family for that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:39 pm 

Yeah, it's funny that I'm having her do it because I've always said gymnastics is pointless and incredibly boring to watch, lol. But dd seems born for it. She's always been really flexible. She can't just sit on the couch, she has to stand on her head, with her back bent over the back of the couch. Looks painful to me, but she just bends. I call her elasta-girl.

I guess if we can afford it, she loves it, and she's good at it, we'll see about doing it long term.

I'm with your dd, Tory. I would love to have a horse! I've always wanted one since I was a kid, but I've never even ridden one, lol!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:54 pm 

My dd is a natural on a horse. She's been riding since she was tiny. Most kids would want the small pony but my dd would scream to ride the largest horse! She was never afraid.
I have an entire 2 page spread in my scrapbook of photos of her riding. We used to have to lift her up onto them.
As for gymnastics. I loved it when I was younger. My formal.. paid for... lessons didn't last but I did learn a lot from school friends when I was in middle school.
It can be a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:02 pm 

My dd is scared to death of horses. Ds has ridden a pony a couple times, but dd would not go anywhere near one. At the 4th of July parade this year, there was a couple horses and a pony. Dd wanted to pet the big horse so we went up and asked the owners and they said yes, but then dd chickened out and just stood there frozen staring at it, lol. Then she wanted to pet the pony, so we asked, but I thought she would chicken out again. Surprisingly, she actually pet it. For a few seconds, lol. (This is the same girl that used to scream that dogs were going to eat her and screamed when our rabbit got near her feet because she thought it was going to eat her toes, lol!)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:15 pm 

LOL! Poor thing!! But I have to say that my dd would lose all of her bravery if a tiny spider crawled anywhere near her!! A horse.. she can take. But not a spider... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:25 pm 

Well, of course! What's scarier than a spider? I cry if a spider touches me, sometimes if it just comes close to touching me, lol. Then I have to go wash the area off with soap to get the "spider" off me (don't ask!). So I totally understand your dd there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:32 pm 

My dd is the same way... :lol: :lol: