It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:04 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Last day in Modesto
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:31 am 

:cry: Even tho it will be good to get home and settled in for the winter, I have so enjoyed just hanging around my bff's house. I am so glad we are the kind of friends that can just be comfortable together, not have to talk or do all the time but can nap, chat, disappear and be alone, or stink up the bathroom! :mrgreen: They did go a bit overboard on the food but not too bad. It was all too good, tho! We did get to go to the beach for a couple of days and we saw lots of dolphins close enough to watch for quite awhile - they must have been eating. 8-) We fed squirrels right out of our hands. One even pushed my fingers off the cracker I was holding out to him. Plenty of birds, a deer, .... More "wildlife" than we see at home!

Tomorrow morning we leave for Los Angeles. Bleh. Not looking forward to this part. Need to go see a dying uncle I've only met a couple of times. Then the long drive home. Once home we have family coming by to help settle mom into her new home. That'll be nice. I'll let them do everything and I'll take the littles somewhere maybe. :). I'm getting a little giddy about getting home, tho. :mrgreen: 8-) :D