It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:27 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: I'm home... Again!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:15 pm 

:D What a long drive home. First, getting to Costa Mesa from Modesto was long because of traffic and not stopping at my sisters like I usually do. We used mom's directions instead of gps and her directions were easy to remember and follow. If only I could've seen beside me a little better when changing lanes things would've been smooth. I had to be extra careful doing that.

Once we got the van loaded (by some great guys!) and headed out things got weird. Mom got on the wrong road right from the beginning but got it straightened out quickly. Later we got separated and she pulled over to call us. We had passed her so she tried to catch up but didn't notice us when she passed us! Lol. Then we stopped for a potty/lunch break at an In n Out Burger (cuz we don't have those) and got lost and got way behind! Good thing we had talked about mom going on ahead and we'd find our way! Visited my uncle in Morro Bay where my (new) brother took us out to eat and found us a motel. We got to watch the sunset there and it was very pretty.

The next night got us to Weed, CA and mom simply couldn't go any further. She was in tears she was in so much pain. Only soaking in hot water and/or laying down helps. 😥. The next night we tho't we might make it home but with about 2 1/2 hours to go she had to stop again. This time we got a Best Western Plus for less than all but one other motel on the trip. It was SO nice and we all felt blessed.

So we got home before noon yesterday, got the van unloaded, and relaxed. Ahhh. So good to be home! We got mom's bed up and made and she didn't care about anything else.

This morning she said she slept clear thru the night(!) and her blood pressure was more than 50 points less than her "normal" 170!!! Wow! I hope these are signs of the months ahead! 😊

Post subject: Re: I'm home... Again!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:28 pm 

Will she be living with you now? I wish I could get my mom here but with my sister and the babies I couldn't do it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:43 pm 

Welcome! Glad you're home safe & sound : )

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:58 am 

Yes, it feels great to be home safe and sound! Relaxing after long days of driving. 😍

And yes, mom will be living with us as long as she wants to be here. So far, so good. I hope she feels like she's around family now, the kind of "family" that loves you and accepts you and takes care of you. I know she was a little disappointed/hurt when my brother didn't show up to help unload the van. Everybody was working and it's quite a drive for all. We changed the date of arrival, too, so even if they got the time off, it would have been for nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:19 am 

So Glad you are able to care for your mom!!