It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:05 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: got dd moved in to college today
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:20 pm 

Her move-in went like clockwork but today most everyone had already moved in and there were no "assigned" arrival times. She is staying in the same dorm as last year although all her room mates are new. That's going to be interesting. From just what I saw today they are "messy" :( Dd had very little space to put her groceries and cooking utensils and there were already dirty dishes in the sink (her room mates have been there since yesterday). She hates dirty dishes so there is going to be a heart to heart soon. She doesn't mind being messy in your own room but she expects the common areas to be kept cleaned.
Saw ds's room. He is in a different dorm this year. Last year he was in a suite and this year he's in a traditional dorm. He has more space in his room this year but he's going to have to share a 2 shower, 2 stall bathroom with 20 other guys. His roommate is a Freshman so my son is kind of showing him the ropes. He seemed nice when we met him but his true colors may have been hidden.
It will be interesting to see how these 2's year goes. Classes should run smoothly don't know about room situations yet. Time will tell.

Post subject: Re: got dd moved in to college today
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:08 pm 

NCAlyce wrote:
Her move-in went like clockwork but today most everyone had already moved in and there were no "assigned" arrival times. She is staying in the same dorm as last year although all her room mates are new. That's going to be interesting. From just what I saw today they are "messy" :( Dd had very little space to put her groceries and cooking utensils and there were already dirty dishes in the sink (her room mates have been there since yesterday). She hates dirty dishes so there is going to be a heart to heart soon. She doesn't mind being messy in your own room but she expects the common areas to be kept cleaned.
Saw ds's room. He is in a different dorm this year. Last year he was in a suite and this year he's in a traditional dorm. He has more space in his room this year but he's going to have to share a 2 shower, 2 stall bathroom with 20 other guys. His roommate is a Freshman so my son is kind of showing him the ropes. He seemed nice when we met him but his true colors may have been hidden.
It will be interesting to see how these 2's year goes. Classes should run smoothly don't know about room situations yet. Time will tell.

Congratulations, I hope that your dd has a very good year and your son also.
My cousin (shes just turned eighteen) just moved into her college dorms,
She doesn't have a room-mate yet, but may have one by the end of the week.
I was just coming here to post about her when I saw your post. :-)
Anyway congratulations. and I'll be praying both of your dc have a wonderful year at school this year

Post subject: Re: got dd moved in to college today
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:48 am 

Roommates are funny things. I had three different roomates my first three years in the dorm. My fourth year I moved off campus and shared a house with three other girls. We all had to make adjustments for sure, none were bad though, one was a bit odd about food items that her mom sent to be shared. She'd bring them, tell us they were for everyone to share, then count them and get upset when some were missing. It was uncomfortable until we figured out what was going on, then a couple of our friends would have fun taking them at odd times. I finally just didn't eat any beyond what she'd originally hand out.