It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:43 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Aerobics "theme"
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:45 am 

In November, I am going to a women's conference and the overall theme is going to be focused on health. I'm in charge of one meal, and my "specific" topic for that meal will be aerobics. I need to decorate the tables and general area with this theme. The expense will be on me, though. I am thinking about having some hand weights on the tables as centerpieces, but other than that, I am stuck. I also need to come up with a Bible verse that relates to physical health or something along those lines. Any ideas?

Post subject: Re: Aerobics "theme"
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:48 am 

For Bible verses, a couple of thoughts come to mind: "Your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit" (1 Cor 6:19) or "Bodily exercise profiteth little . . . ." (1 Tim 4:8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come) (to discuss how it is important, but the Eternal values make it pale in comparison)

For decorations, you could probably cheaply do a take-home gift basket for a centerpiece. I've seen pedometers at the dollar store. You could add timers, wrist bands, earphones, nutrition bars, sports drinks (all from the dollar store) and let people choose their gift after lunch.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:35 am 

You could keep it simple with the 5 colored hoops. How many tables?

Hebrews 12:1 Let us ru n with patience the race that is set before us.

Man! I used to have a whole medley of verses smashed together that went something like:

Matt 20:25 ...the princes of the Gentiles exercise... and they that are great exercise

Mark 10:42 and their great ones exercise

Acts 24:16 [and] herein do I exercise myself

1 Tim 4:7 ...refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself

Or the negative side:

1 Tim 4:8 For bodily exercise profiteth little...

Ps 131:1 neither do I exercise myself

;-)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:31 pm 

Water bottles! They are cheap and water is so important for a healthy body. Perhaps use ribbon to tie Scripture to them for decoration.
I do like your idea of hand weights, but they can be costly. Can you borrow some from people?

Blue construction paper rolled up like a tube and then tied on each end with string to look like an exercise mat in transit.
I have a few VHS tapes I can send you that you can use for decorations. I have no use for them and you are welcome to them if you want. I have 3 or 4 of them, I can't remember exactly.
Just let me know and I'll mail them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:40 pm 

StacyinTN wrote:
In November, I am going to a women's conference and the overall theme is going to be focused on health. I'm in charge of one meal, and my "specific" topic for that meal will be aerobics. I need to decorate the tables and general area with this theme. The expense will be on me, though. I am thinking about having some hand weights on the tables as centerpieces, but other than that, I am stuck. I also need to come up with a Bible verse that relates to physical health or something along those lines. Any ideas?

Oh, I like the idea of the pedometers and "stuff" to put on the tables attached with the Bible verse! I do plan to use the music, "Let's Get Physical" by Olivia Newton John. Since I am the "head coordinator" for this particular meal, I plan to wear an exercise outfit and put sweat bands on my wrists and on my forehead. I am going to look "goofy," but that is okay for this session. LOL!

I am planning on borrowing hand bells from various people. As the women walk in, I plan on having various people use the hand weights and pretend they are "working out." :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:30 pm 

If you are going to be using the hand weights, then perhaps this could be your verse:

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:54 pm 

Pam in Colorado wrote:
If you are going to be using the hand weights, then perhaps this could be your verse:

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Perfect!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:29 pm 

Great ideas! How neat Stacy. Too bad we aren't closer! I'd love to come!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:18 pm 

Jenileigh wrote:
Great ideas! How neat Stacy. Too bad we aren't closer! I'd love to come!

LOL! I wish you could. This is my first time doing something like this so I am a little nervous, but I am excited, too!