It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:24 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Re: I want to brag on some of my kids if thats okay. :-) *lo
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:01 am 

Well, I HAVE to agree with you! Anna is a WONDERFUL name! ;)

But, St. Barbara is an amazing Saint! I especially love that she came from a "bad family" and yet so greatly honored Christ http://www.goarch.org/chapel/saints_view?contentid=321

Sometimes we have this idea that Saints have to have perfect Childhoods - and this Saint is such a great example of someone who did not, and by the Grace of the Holy Spirit, turned that to God's Glory : )

I have to say, Barbara is a great name, too!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:06 am 

Anna1111 wrote:
Well, I HAVE to agree with you! Anna is a WONDERFUL name! ;)

But, St. Barbara is an amazing Saint! I especially love that she came from a "bad family" and yet so greatly honored Christ http://www.goarch.org/chapel/saints_view?contentid=321

Sometimes we have this idea that Saints have to have perfect Childhoods - and this Saint is such a great example of someone who did not, and by the Grace of the Holy Spirit, turned that to God's Glory : )

I have to say, Barbara is a great name, too!

Thanks, I don't think I ever knew about that, I'll have to read that in a little while, I still like the way Anna sounds best though, :-)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:24 am 

You don't have to change your screen name on here unless you want to. I was just thinking you "may" want to tell others what your name was on the other board.. but only IF you wanted to.
:)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:24 am 
Site Owner

It's wonderful to hear how the Lord has blessed your family, Barbara, and how your kids have blessed others through mission work. May He continue to bless you!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:28 am 

[quote][Also wanted to remind everyone that if you are really going through a hard time, you can trust God to still work things out for good in his time, and that God can change your situation any time he gets ready. Sometimes it feels like a long time though, and thats the truth,quote]

You are always an encouragement. Thank you for sharing your blessings. I have missed you. I want to thank Our God in Heaven for the blessings and for the answers to your prayers. Sounds like you are in a good place now. We had a discussion in Sunday School last week about what makes a good neighbor. An elderly couple from church who have lived in their home for over 40yrs are being challenged by two neighbors about an alleyway. It may be closed to convenience the new 'rich' neighbors but the other two use the alley. A similar alley a block away was left open because 'one' resident was using it. The city council is being swayed by this rich person. So you can lift them (all parties) in prayer. That R&R can keep using the alleyway and that the rich neighbor's heart softens.

Lots of people from out of state are moving into our little town and they are making themselves known by their character. We have some old, old Texas blood in this town (as with other small Texas towns) that are good, old fashioned, God-fearing folk and they are at odds with these big-city slickers throwing money around like that is more important.

Well, I guess that is my hand at rambling.

So glad you are back Barbara. Happy to hear that your kids worked hard to get to go on the mission trip and the Lord is using them mightily. Happy to hear you have good neighbors and your dh's health is improving. I pray your health has improved, too.
God bless.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:27 am 

Briva wrote:
Quote:
[Also wanted to remind everyone that if you are really going through a hard time, you can trust God to still work things out for good in his time, and that God can change your situation any time he gets ready. Sometimes it feels like a long time though, and thats the truth,quote]

You are always an encouragement. Thank you for sharing your blessings. I have missed you. I want to thank Our God in Heaven for the blessings and for the answers to your prayers. Sounds like you are in a good place now. We had a discussion in Sunday School last week about what makes a good neighbor. An elderly couple from church who have lived in their home for over 40yrs are being challenged by two neighbors about an alleyway. It may be closed to convenience the new 'rich' neighbors but the other two use the alley. A similar alley a block away was left open because 'one' resident was using it. The city council is being swayed by this rich person. So you can lift them (all parties) in prayer. That R&R can keep using the alleyway and that the rich neighbor's heart softens.

Lots of people from out of state are moving into our little town and they are making themselves known by their character. We have some old, old Texas blood in this town (as with other small Texas towns) that are good, old fashioned, God-fearing folk and they are at odds with these big-city slickers throwing money around like that is more important.

Well, I guess that is my hand at rambling.

So glad you are back Barbara. Happy to hear that your kids worked hard to get to go on the mission trip and the Lord is using them mightily. Happy to hear you have good neighbors and your dh's health is improving. I pray your health has improved, too.
God bless.

Thanks and I'll remember to pray for the people you mentioned. I have some very good friends who are from Texas. There is a man at our church who is from Texas and he is really very nice, and adventurous, (I'll tell you about him later) right now we are getting ready to go put tracts in the stores that we have on our list.

And I am really proud of my kids, and I wanted to post about them on facebook, but didn't feel like it'd be a good idea with some of my family and a couple of others wanting to just be mean and spiteful. *I'm going to try to just not say a lot more about that though, cause all it does is upset me when I start thinking about it too much.

Anyway, talk you you later I hope you all have a wonderful day.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:30 am 

Martha R. wrote:
It's wonderful to hear how the Lord has blessed your family, Barbara, and how your kids have blessed others through mission work. May He continue to bless you!!

Thank you very much, and do please continue to keep them in prayer, they've really been through a lot especially the last several years. (a lot of very difficult things, not the normal every day teenage issues, imo) just a lot of very hard things.

Anyway, we are getting ready to leave, so I hope you all have a wonderful day, we have a lot to try to get done today.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:54 am 

Tory wrote:
You don't have to change your screen name on here unless you want to. I was just thinking you "may" want to tell others what your name was on the other board.. but only IF you wanted to.

I'd kind of like to, but I couldn't figure out how, I don't know why I didn't use the name I wanted to in the first place, I think I wasn't thinking.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:09 pm 

*IF* you really want to, you can PM Shelly and ask her how to do that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:06 pm 

Ok, I'll try to do that but probably not tonight, because I have to take my cousin back to her house shortly, and I wanted to read a few articles online and look at some of the posts here before I have to leave.