It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:26 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Why do you go to fast food?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:16 pm 

IF you choose fast food, is it for time, money, convenience, you know what you're getting, habit, like the food, other?

Post subject: Re: Why do you go to fast food?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:49 pm 

We rarely do - but if we do it is most often because we are traveling and need a known, vegan product at a reasonable price without having to look around too much. Also, now Little one has a big fondness for Taco Bell & persuades us : )

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:40 pm 

My craving for it! We don't eat it nearly as often as we used to because we don't have the money anymore, but it is nice when I want a break from cooking and I am craving fast food, to have dh bring home a meal.

It can get addicting, like a drug. When I was in CO, the stress of my job got to me so bad the last few months that I started eating a lot of Burger King for lunch because it was like comfort food. I could make it through another day and another day if I could just look forward to my BK. I had given up smoking the year before, so I guess this was my replacement to relieve stress.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:52 pm 

We don't, for the most part. Every once in awhile, hubby likes to go to In N Out burger.
I know WAY too much about what is in all that food, and my family does as well, so we try to stay clear of fast food and prefer to purchase healthier ingredients and cook at home/make our lunch to take with us, or dinner, if we are on the road.

Trader Joe's is our friend...they have some fairly healthful meals already prepared in their refrigerated food section, for the same or less than ronchy fast food prices.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:11 am 

Mmmm, Trader Joe's! My parents used to shop there all the time! I never saw so much yummy food in a health food store!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:51 am 

Almost NEVER do I go to a fast food place. But I did last night. I went to KFC and got a family meal for my husband and my granddaughters. It was just a really long day and we didn't eat until 8:30. Not much I could eat there, as I am allergic to wheat. But it worked to feed the rest of them.
Today, I will try to get a casserole going in the morning for supper tonight.
I have the store open until 6, someone else has to drive the girls to VBS, then I have from 6 to 8:30 to do my own horse chores, 40 minutes of chores for my old employer and get supper on the table. then pick up the girls at 8:30, feed them get them in jammies and put them to bed. I will be really happy when VBS is over, and my daughter-in-law is back home with the new baby.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:06 am 

Eating at a fast food place is a rare thing for me. I am too chintzy. :mrgreen:

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:22 am 

I rarely eat fast food, but when I do, it is a combination of speed, money and convenience. When I do eat fast food, I am usually away from home, and don't have the time or money to eat at someplace better.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:13 am 

Air conditioned indoor playground for the kids to burn off energy during extreme heat, cold, or rain is one of our reasons (McD and CFA have those in our town)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:21 pm 

Convenience. With 3 teens that are going in different directions some days there isn't time to cook a meal. (Things are settling down now so we are home more and eat out less.)
Dd likes B K but sometimes the boys want Arb y's.
We don't have a lot of selection in this small town and we do not eat at Sub w@y because my ex-bil owns all the ones here.