It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: A lot has changed for me!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:16 pm 

Hi, you may remember me as Jan IN or Jan-n-IN. I'm no longer in IN (Indiana) but now in MO (Missouri). We moved back to Joplin, MO in March of this year. You may recognize Joplin as the town that was hit by the EF5 tornado last year (May 2011).

My husband's family lives here and we decided to move back in April 2011. He is an electrician (union) and this is his home local. We figured it would take a couple of years before we could move, but when the tornado hit, it kind of sped things along a bit (he came down here to work in August last year and I and our youngest followed finally in March, when our house sold).

We are getting ready for our final year of homeschooling this year. It's been a long 23 years and I can't believe the youngest is going to be a senior.

In addition to our move, we've also managed to downsize our home. We had 3 of our 4 children (dds) living with us until last August. Our third daughter left for her first semester of Bible College last August (although she has been home for the summer). In March, when we moved our oldest remained in Indiana with her younger sister (our second dd) and our son-in-law, and granddaughter (the only reason I hated to leave Indiana). She decided to join us in April, but has since found a full-time job in Springfield, MO and has finally moved into her own apartment (she's 30).

Like I said, a lot of changes.
Jan

Post subject: Re: A lot has changed for me!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:11 pm 

Wow it's so great to see you again!!! I DO remember you!
I have two seniors this year as my twins are finishing up their home schooling. Then my dd is right behind them by 2 years so it won't be long and I'll be "retiring".

You have had a lot of changes! Our church was supposed to send a group to Joplin this past Spring but they couldn't get the details worked out so they had to cancel the trip. My teens were all looking forward to helping with the relief efforts there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:38 pm 

Jan Y wrote:
Hi, you may remember me as Jan IN or Jan-n-IN. I'm no longer in IN (Indiana) but now in MO (Missouri). We moved back to Joplin, MO in March of this year. You may recognize Joplin as the town that was hit by the EF5 tornado last year (May 2011).

My husband's family lives here and we decided to move back in April 2011. He is an electrician (union) and this is his home local. We figured it would take a couple of years before we could move, but when the tornado hit, it kind of sped things along a bit (he came down here to work in August last year and I and our youngest followed finally in March, when our house sold).

We are getting ready for our final year of homeschooling this year. It's been a long 23 years and I can't believe the youngest is going to be a senior.

In addition to our move, we've also managed to downsize our home. We had 3 of our 4 children (dds) living with us until last August. Our third daughter left for her first semester of Bible College last August (although she has been home for the summer). In March, when we moved our oldest remained in Indiana with her younger sister (our second dd) and our son-in-law, and granddaughter (the only reason I hated to leave Indiana). She decided to join us in April, but has since found a full-time job in Springfield, MO and has finally moved into her own apartment (she's 30).

Like I said, a lot of changes.
Jan

Welcome back, Jan!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:41 pm 

Jan! It's great to see you again! You have had some changes. Welcome back here. I look forward to conversing with you and catching up. Don't miss our Introduction post above! :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:29 pm 
Site Owner

Jan, I'm so glad to see you again! I hope you are getting settled in your new home and loving MO! Wow, 23 years of homeschooling! That is impressive. :0) We only have four years left here, and I can't believe how fast it's gone. Anyway, we are welcoming "retired" homeschoolers in addition to those still hard at it, and I'm particularly glad you found us again. Happy birthday!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:57 pm 

Hi Jan!!!! (waving a BIG hello!!!)
I am SO glad you've stopped in again.

23 yrs is a long time to be homeschooling! It goes fast, doesn't it?

Life changes SO much in just a few short years...We're down to one child at home and one to homeschool, and just had our first grandbaby 1 1/2 weeks ago.