It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:37 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Welcome! Post your introduction here!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:40 pm 

Hi, again,

My name is Barbara, I have been homeschooling a long time it feels like.
I have four living children.

My oldest living son just turned 22, he's currently going to college full-time. He spent just under four years in the military, he spent a year in Iraq.

My second oldest and only daughter just turned 18 a few weeks ago. She has graduated, and plans to go to college. Probably the spring semester.

Last I have a fourteen year and thirteen year old boys. They have both expressed a desire to go into the ministry, one wants to be a pastor, the other one wants to be a missionary, *they have both been saying this for the past several years.
They are also both doing very well with the music lessons they are currently taking. (one is learning to play the piano, and the other one is learning to play the violin, and I am really proud of my younger son, because he's only been playing the violin for about six or seven months, but has already learned to play several songs, and is almost ready to play in the orchastra at church. I think that it helps that he likes to practice, but he also has a very good teacher).

I did have another son, who would have been 23 this year, but he was killed not long after he turned eighteen, by a hit and run driver, who as of today (8/9/12) has been charged but never brought to court, he was killed May 22, 2007.

I still like to write, sometimes way too much. I've been married now almost 25 years.

If there is anything else you want to know just ask me, and I'll probably tell you. :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:21 pm 
Site Owner

Hey Barbara! Welcome back! You may want to mention your old "handle" around here so people know who you are. :0)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:59 pm 

Martha R. wrote:
Hey Barbara! Welcome back! You may want to mention your old "handle" around here so people know who you are. :0)

Ok, I did try to change it back to my old name on here for a while toni but I don't think that's possible.

So anyways, I used to go with a form of my middle name.

AnnaB (my middle name and the first two letters of my first name, mostly because I like the way it sounds better)

Anyway, thank you for the welcome, and I hope everyone has a very good weekend, and for everyone who will be starting school soon, I hope this is a very good school year for everyone. I am praying that we will finally have a good year. :-)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:20 am 

Yes that helps! I know you! Welcome to the new boards. :) How talented your boys are! The violin?! I love to hear the violin.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:10 pm 

Hi- I'm "ChristiAnna." I've posted a bit in the past but haven't been here for a while. Thank you for leaving the note on the old board that it was moving!

I have a son who is a senior this year & doing most of his schoolwork at technical college now, and a daughter who is in 10th grade.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:23 pm 
Site Owner

Hi CristiAnna! I'm so glad that you re-found us!!! :0)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:57 pm 

Hi all!

I was a member of the old forum (but probably last posted there a year ago so I have no clue what my username was). I'm Kim (hi Martha!), mom of two boys (8th and 1st grade), and a taekwon-do student and assistant. My boys were students first, and I was so impressed with their training I took the plunge as well. They also enjoy archery. My oldest intends to major in zoology or animal sciences, and my youngest is still at the age where he wants to do it all. As for me, I used to enjoy baking and gardening, but have let those things fall aside as our lives have become busier due to owning our own business (I also work part-time for our company) and sports. I am an organics consumer and vegetarian (striving to be vegan, but haven't been able to give up the wee bit of seafood I eat). With my oldest rapidly approaching the high school years, I decided it was time to get involved in homeschool forums again for support as I navigate the waters.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:12 pm 
Site Owner

Hi Kim!! How's it going? How did the boys get that old??? Glad to see you back here. :0)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:01 pm 

Martha R. wrote:
Hi Kim!! How's it going? How did the boys get that old??? Glad to see you back here. :0)

We're doing well, just super busy! The years keep flying by faster than I ever imagined. I bet I wouldn't even recognize your kids now!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:08 pm 
Site Owner

Oh, mine are pretty much grown up. SIGH. The two older ones are in college. #3 is full-grown (17) and youngest is 14 now and very much the young lady.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next