It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:55 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Checking in
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:45 pm 

Wow, haven't been here in awhile and much has happened. I now have a rising junior attending art college in Laguna and working p/t doing street art at an amusement park, a rising college freshman who is attending the local JC (loves it, doing well), a rising sophomore in high school in a partial on-campus program, and a rising 4th gr. (our "bonus package" baby) who I am currently homeschooling. We really miss our oldest and are praying that she'll decide to move north once she finishes her BFA, but only God knows for sure. Our 2nd child is very happy working on-campus at a christian camp this summer...and we miss him, too, but he does get home for dinner occasionally.

We moved almost 2 years ago, from Orange County, CA to north of San Francisco -- first major move in our lives -- and are gradually settling into a new church, new homeschool co-op, new 4-H group, and the youngest has joined American Heritage Girls, where I am going to be a co-leader this year. The first year post-move was pretty rugged for my teens (and hence for mom), but they are doing well.

Post subject: Re: Checking in
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:29 am 

When we moved from MN to CO the first year was the toughest as well, especially for our oldest who turned 13 a week after we moved. She was glad we moved a year later and she had made some good friends. Glad things are going so well for you all.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:03 pm 
Site Owner

Laurel! Gosh, it has been forever since you've been around. (Or at least it seems that way!) I'm so glad you stopped by to let us know how life is going. Sounds like you have much to be proud of with your kids. My oldest is in college about 3 hours away, and we sure do miss him, too! Hope we'll see more of you!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:55 pm 

Location: The O.C. -- 7 miles from D'land, 7 miles from the beach
I'm in the O.C. -- where were you living? I can't remember if we've had this conversation before :)

I am a retired homeschooler with brilliant beautiful Godly boys who please and surprise me every day. I live with my sweet hubby of 22 years. Life changes all the time, but God has blessed us with the ability to keep our eyes on His prize.