It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:07 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Rain!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:07 pm 

After all last week hearing thunder which meant everyone around us was getting rain.. last night and today we finally got RAIN!!!
Praise the Lord!
It's cooler now (not by much but anything is an improvement over triple digits)...
:D

Post subject: Re: Rain!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:09 pm 

I love the rain. Lately it's been so humid here that even the rain doesn't cool things off, it just sort of steams things up if you know what I mean. I miss the cool hard rains. We've had tons of storms like strong winds, thunder and lightening this summer. I really enjoy them. (Except for when we are on the motorcycle)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:41 pm 

:D For a while we were only getting that "makes steam" little bit of rain also. But this has been a slow drizzle that goes on for a while. Last night I'm not sure how long it lasted, but the grass was still pretty wet this morning.
This afternoon, we got a huge downpour!!! :D
The boys need to mow the lawn but it can wait. I'll take the rain for now!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:01 am 

Well we've been getting substantial amount of rain. Steady slow rain for hours but somehow it's still hot after. I like those cool rains. Of course we've been getting our share torrential downpours too. I love rain but hate driving in the downpours. They can be so dangerous.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:00 am 
Site Owner

Take our rain, PLEASE! LOL, last year we couldn't get a drop, and this year we've gotten an unbelievable amount. It keeps raining a couple inches every couple days, and we still haven't dried out from the big flood!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:08 am 

We could use some rain in TX. Ohio could too. Don't you wish you could share that type of stuff?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:04 pm 

We probably got a normal months worth of rain last night. The thunder was wonderful. The rain in our town was much appreciated. Unfortunately for those in Colorado Springs, it was not as nice. The burn scar areas of the big fires they had recently were the site of flash flooding and mud slides yesterday. My husband had to sweep out a lot of water from his work bay at work before he could start his day. Guess it gave him a bit of a change from his normal routine. ;)

I am grateful for the rains though. Now to go pull more weeds that grew over night!! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:00 pm 

Martha, I was watching the weather radar today before ds and I went out to vote. Your area was getting hit pretty good then!!! I was thinking: enough is enough already!!

For us.. it's still just so muggy. At least we did get a break from the heat yesterday. Dc didn't run the A/C the entire time I was gone with my mom. I had to turn it on today though. Going outside is like walking in a sauna. The upside is my skin has never looked better, lol!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:03 pm 

Just had some more rain. Love, love, love thunder!!! This time it was less intense and not as long lasting but the rumbles may indicate that it is not done yet. :D Did I mention I love thunder?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:01 pm 

Driving to Church in a thunderstorm the other day, Little One exclaims, "I LOVE this weather!" : )