It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Re: I need some feedback.....
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:53 pm 

I think your instructor will want this written up in an essay format, which you can find online. You will need a beginning, middle and end. I think you have a great start here and with some tweeking tonight you will be able to hand in a good paper.

Post subject: Re: I need some feedback.....
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:57 am 

Pam in Colorado wrote:
I think your instructor will want this written up in an essay format, which you can find online. You will need a beginning, middle and end. I think you have a great start here and with some tweeking tonight you will be able to hand in a good paper.

This is final draft. Fortunately, I am only being evaluated on this and not given a grade. By Thursday, four of my peers from this class will give me their feedback as I will do the same for them.

Can animals show their gratitude towards human beings for saving their lives?

In 'The Queen Bee," we see three brothers. Due to their wild and reckless behavior, the two oldest do not return home. Instead, their younger brother seeks them. The two older brothers mock the younger one and tell him that he cannot be successful in the world. As they begin walking on their journey, together, they come across different groups of animals. The older two brothers want to either mess them up or completely destroy these animals and their habitats, while the youngest brother does not want to bother the animals, at all. The two older brothers want to destroy the ant hill, but the youngest brother stops them. The two older brothers want to catch some of the ducks and cook them for dinner, but the youngest brothers persuades them not to. Then, the youngest brother prevents his brothers from smoking the bee hive so they could collect the honey. In time, the brothers are put on a quest. The two older brothers fail in their quest and eventually turn to stone. These two brothers failed in their quest because the ants, ducks, and bees refused to help them. The youngest brother is rewarded by the ants, the ducks, and the bees. The ants collect all the pearls, the ducks go under the water to retrieve a key, and the "queen bee" lands on the mouth of the sleeping princess that had some honey on her lips. Hence, the youngest brother is successful by marrying the prettiest and youngest princess plus becoming the King, while his two other brothers were not successful. Thus, the animals in this story did show their gratitude towards the youngest son by helping him on what was thought to be an impossible task, but turned into a "possible" task with the animals' help.