It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:07 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: What brand of foundation do you use?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:00 pm 

I have a couple of different favorites that I've tried over the years.....but they are like $40, and I really don't feel like spending that anymore.....so I'm looking for a less expensive one.

I love Mally.
I've used Bare Minerals & Smashbox, and like those too.

But again, want something cheaper.

Any recommendations?

Post subject: Re: What brand of foundation do you use?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:04 pm 

Well, I used to love the water-based liquid foundation by Mary Kay, but they stopped making that and went to some pasty substance in a tube that is just horrid. I havent found anything I like so I just use Coty Airspun powder for everyday and Mary Kay's mineral powder foundation for special occasions.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:22 pm 

It took me several seconds to figure out that by "foundation" you didn't mean concrete. I probably won't be much help here. :geek:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:28 pm 

Lol, Anna! I'm not a makeup person, either. I just use a cream under my eyes for dark circles. I did have a friend that used Bare Minerals and she put some on me just under my eyes and it worked really great on the dark circles. I have wanted to buy some just to use for that, but it is a little expensive.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:22 am 

I really like Everyday Minerals. You can get free samples, that way, you can "play" around and get a good color. Sometimes I like to mix up some of the colors. It's not too expensive either. A container of foundation seems to last me forever. Of course, I don't wear it every single day, either. ;)

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:51 am 

Anna1111 wrote:
It took me several seconds to figure out that by "foundation" you didn't mean concrete. I probably won't be much help here. :geek:

Oh, Anna, I am so there with you. I had shingles a few years ago and have scars on y face from that. For a while I wore Avon Smooth Minerals powder foundation, but I am just no good with makeup and don't care enough. I still wear the smooth minerals for things like weddings, but that is just a few days a year. Otherwise I just wear ME!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:57 am 

I'm with Laurajean on the Everyday Minerals. Someone from here many years ago told us about it and the girls and I have used it ever since. I don't wear much makeup, either, only when I go to church or town, and even so, that's only 2x a week at most, so it lasts me a LONG time. I haven't had to order in awhile, but I believe they still have samples they will send you for free or for .01 or something like that but you pay the shipping.

I am very hard to match because of my fair and freckled skin, and it did take a few attempts of the samples to come up with just the right color combo that worked for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:36 am 
Site Owner

I wore very little makeup and only on work/church/formal occasions for many years. But as I've gotten older, I don't have that clear bloom that I used to have. My skin has gotten a bit splotchy, and now that I live in the South, women wear makeup -- period.

So a few years back I had a Mary Kay makeover. (Since I have SO many allergies, I have to try stuff for several days to make sure I don't have a reaction.) I got the mineral foundation and really like it -- and I'm still working through the first container. LOL. Last week I asked a new Mary Kay person for something a little heavier because the minerals come off quickly. (They don't make it through the 3 hour class I work with on Tuesdays!) She sold me the pasty tube that Briva mentioned, and it definitely is not great. My dd has another MK product called "cream to powder" that I'd like to try, but she says it hasn't lasted long for her. So, bottom line here is take a look at MK mineral foundation. You might like it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:45 am 

...ugh... another post eaten before posting

A couple of years ago I started wearing MAC. I really like it. I use the creme compact and for lighter days a tinted moisturizer. I recently ran out and since I won't be near a MAC counter any time soon and I didn't want to order online, I bought some L'Oreal (little glass bottle) that I had used before MAC. As is typical, I bought the wrong color. I love that MAC matches it for me and I've never had a problem with it. It's more expensive, but it lasts for a very, very long time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:07 am 

Neesa in FL wrote:
...ugh... another post eaten before posting

A couple of years ago I started wearing MAC. I really like it. I use the creme compact and for lighter days a tinted moisturizer. I recently ran out and since I won't be near a MAC counter any time soon and I didn't want to order online, I bought some L'Oreal (little glass bottle) that I had used before MAC. As is typical, I bought the wrong color. I love that MAC matches it for me and I've never had a problem with it. It's more expensive, but it lasts for a very, very long time.

What is MAC?

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)