It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:30 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Tiny houses/apartments
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:23 pm 

http://realestate.yahoo.com/news/would- ... ents-.html

I love #5!!! 8-) I could see this idea being used on the space station. I think I would really like to live in it and see how it feels. It *is* the largest of the "tinies".

Post subject: Re: Tiny houses/apartments
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:26 pm 

Just the pictures made me almost start hyperventilating! I'm afraid to watch the videos, lol! I'm claustrophobic!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:13 pm 

I saw a video recently on TV about a small space. The sofa was up against a wall and at night it could be pulled down from the wall like a murphy bed and the sofa became part of the wall. There was a table against the opposite wall and you could pull chair out from within the wall when you wanted to eat or if you needed more space you could push the sofa up into the wall and pull the table out and then it would expand to lengthen it and you could pull more chairs out from the wall. Of course there was a hidden closet in the wall as well. It was so cool. I wish I knew how to find a video of it for you. Everything was recessed into the walls and just had to be pulled out when needed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:21 pm 

Alyce, that sounds like #5 but #5 is even MORE so. It changes into 24 different "rooms". :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:34 am 

Location: The O.C. -- 7 miles from D'land, 7 miles from the beach
There was a show on HGTV some time ago that showed people living in New York in the most amazingly small apartments. Many times they had been part of a larger apartment (or house) and had been carved out of "extra" space. I think one guy was living in what had been a very large walk-in closet! He had a window... He'd built a loft bed and had a couple of chairs and the things he needed below it. He did have space for an extra person to sit down, but he said, "This is New York! We meet in clubs, parks, and outside spaces." Hmmm.

I am a retired homeschooler with brilliant beautiful Godly boys who please and surprise me every day. I live with my sweet hubby of 22 years. Life changes all the time, but God has blessed us with the ability to keep our eyes on His prize.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:11 pm 

I love the ingenuity of these places, especially #5. I think I could get used to something like that, especially if it were just me, or my dh and I. It would be harder with kids, unless there was some good outdoor space like a nearby park or something.