It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:16 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Tea Party Tomorrow!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:32 pm 

Location: The O.C. -- 7 miles from D'land, 7 miles from the beach
I'm going to be "companioning" a sweet little 94-year-old lady all day tomorrow while her family is out of town at a wedding. I'll be there from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.! Long day.

To break up the day a bit and have some fun, we've invited her friend, who is 90, to come over for a tea party, which I'm preparing. Here's our menu:

Deviled Ham, Cucumber, and Egg Salad Sandwiches
Shrimp Salad
Ambrosia (mandarin oranges, pineapple, and coconut)
Lemonade Ice Box Pie
Peach Iced Tea

We'll sit outside and enjoy her beautiful garden along with all the hummingbirds! These two ladies are total characters; they have about 50 hats between them and love to dress up for parties. They've been on 11 cruises together. Now the elder one is really slipping, but she still likes to have a good time with the girls.

I am a retired homeschooler with brilliant beautiful Godly boys who please and surprise me every day. I live with my sweet hubby of 22 years. Life changes all the time, but God has blessed us with the ability to keep our eyes on His prize.

Post subject: Re: Tea Party Tomorrow!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:07 am 

Gosh, I wish I could join you. That sounds scrumptious and could be a real hoot!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:59 am 

Pam! It's so great to see you! The party sounds so fun! Leave it to you to make something wonderful out of a regular day. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:52 pm 
Site Owner

Awww, that sounds nice! How did it go?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:58 pm 

Sounds like it will be a nice day and it's such a nice thing to do. I'm sure she'll greatly appreciate the thoughtfulness and kindness.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:01 am 

Location: The O.C. -- 7 miles from D'land, 7 miles from the beach
We had a great time. The ladies loved the food and chowed down like 90-year-olds (like birds!). We adjourned indoors to look at photo albums of cruises they'd gone on together as well as their Red Hat Club pictures. The pie was a big fave.

We had so much fun that the guest stayed until 5 and we had an early dinner of all the leftovers :) My lady was starting to slip, so she nodded off in front of the TV while I folded some laundry and a few other chores. When I came in the room she was watching "The Office" (which she NEVER watches) and told me very earnestly that it was a documentary about the dangers of teenaged alcoholism. Oh boy, time for bed!

I left around 11:00; long, long day. It's not all sunshine and roses; she can't toilet by herself and is unable to get around without her wheelchair. Still, it beats a day in any office building, imo.

I am a retired homeschooler with brilliant beautiful Godly boys who please and surprise me every day. I live with my sweet hubby of 22 years. Life changes all the time, but God has blessed us with the ability to keep our eyes on His prize.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:46 pm 

I am so glad those two friends have each other still. What a blessing to have had such a nice day. I thought your post was about the other 'tea party'. I go to one every Saturday, he, he.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:27 pm 
Site Owner

Sounds like a wonderful time!