It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:17 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Something to ponder from devotional Im doing
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:52 pm 

Day 2 – A Call to Holiness
Topic:Holiness
1 Peter 1:15- 16
When God called Abraham, he answered, “Here am I.” When God called Moses from the bush, he answered, “Here am I,” and he hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God. God is calling you to holiness, to Himself the Holy One, that He may make you holy. Let your whole soul answer, “Here am I, Lord! Speak, Lord! Show Yourself, Lord! Here am I.” As you listen, the voice will sound ever deeper and ever stiller:“Be holy, as I am holy. Be holy, for I am holy.” You will hear a voice coming out of the great eternity, from the council- chamber of redemption, and as you catch its distant whisper, it will be, “Be holy, I am holy.” You will hear a voice from Paradise, the Creator making the seventh day holy for man whom He had created, and saying, “Be holy.” You will hear the voice from Sinai, amid thundering and lightning, and still it is, “Be holy, as I am holy.” You will hear a voice from Calvary, and there above all it is, “Be holy, for I am holy.”
Child of God, have you ever realized it, our Father is calling us to Himself, to be holy as He is holy? Must we not confess that happiness has been to us more than holiness, salvation than sanctification? Oh! it is not too late to fix the mistake. Let us now band together to listen to the voice that calls, to draw near, and find out and know what Holiness is, or rather, find out and know Himself the Holy One. If the first approach to Him fills us with shame and confusion, makes us fear and shrink back, let us still listen to the Voice and the Call, “Be holy, as I am holy.” “Faithful is He who calls you, who also will do it” (1 Thess. 5:24). All our fears and questions will be met by the Holy One who has revealed His Holiness, with this one purpose inview, that we might share it with Him.
Adapted from Holy in Christ by Andrew Murray