It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:29 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: From "Prayers for Prodigals"
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:47 pm 

Psalm 6:3 "How long, O Lord, how long?"

I've heard it said that I shouldn't pray for patience, Lord, and that if I ask for patience I'm only asking for difficulty.
I don't want to believe that it always works that way.
Better put, I don't want to believe that you always work that way.Your Word tells me that "the Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him." (Lam 3:25)
I do hope in you, and I am seeking you this morning once agian. I know that you are faithful and that you answer prayer. But right now I'd like to ask you (just like David did), "How long, O Lord?"
Your Word promises , "ask and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you" (Matthew 7:7).
Still, sometimes I feel like I've been asking and seeking and knocking at that door for days on end and it still stays shut and locked. Now is one of those times. I feel stuck between 'how it is and how it could be.'
I'd love to see change in my child's(children's) heart and life, and I do trust that you will make that happen, but it hasn't happened yet. I don't want to sound like I'm "complaining" Father (Phil 2:14), or to be like those who grumbled against you in the wilderness( Num 14:29).
You know my heart completely as I come to you in prayer (2 Chron 6:30). You know that what I am doing is longing. "I long for your salvation, O Lord" (Ps 119:174). I long to see my son's heart filled with the joy you alone can give (Ps 4:7). I long to see him "turn from evil and do good"(Ps 34:14). Like the father who saw his prodigal son coming home "while he was still a long way off" (Luke 5:20), I'm watching and waiting. I'm "looking for your salvation. My "eyes look to the Lord our God, till he shows us his mercy" (Ps 123:2).
Lord Jesus, just like others who called out to you before and kept calling until an answer came, I'm crying out to you: "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!" (Matt 20:30-31). I'm placing all of my hope in you and asking for the patience to keep hoping, keep watching, keep calling...no matter how long it takes. I praise you in advance for the day he and I will say together, "Today salvation has come to this house..for the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost" (Luke 19:9-10).

Post subject: Re: From "Prayers for Prodigals"
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:22 pm 

tx stephanie wrote:
Psalm 6:3 "How long, O Lord, how long?"

I've heard it said that I shouldn't pray for patience, Lord, and that if I ask for patience I'm only asking for difficulty.
I don't want to believe that it always works that way.
Better put, I don't want to believe that you always work that way.Your Word tells me that "the Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him." (Lam 3:25)
I do hope in you, and I am seeking you this morning once agian. I know that you are faithful and that you answer prayer. But right now I'd like to ask you (just like David did), "How long, O Lord?"
Your Word promises , "ask and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you" (Matthew 7:7).
Still, sometimes I feel like I've been asking and seeking and knocking at that door for days on end and it still stays shut and locked. Now is one of those times. I feel stuck between 'how it is and how it could be.'
I'd love to see change in my child's(children's) heart and life, and I do trust that you will make that happen, but it hasn't happened yet. I don't want to sound like I'm "complaining" Father (Phil 2:14), or to be like those who grumbled against you in the wilderness( Num 14:29).
You know my heart completely as I come to you in prayer (2 Chron 6:30). You know that what I am doing is longing. "I long for your salvation, O Lord" (Ps 119:174). I long to see my son's heart filled with the joy you alone can give (Ps 4:7). I long to see him "turn from evil and do good"(Ps 34:14). Like the father who saw his prodigal son coming home "while he was still a long way off" (Luke 5:20), I'm watching and waiting. I'm "looking for your salvation. My "eyes look to the Lord our God, till he shows us his mercy" (Ps 123:2).
Lord Jesus, just like others who called out to you before and kept calling until an answer came, I'm crying out to you: "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!" (Matt 20:30-31). I'm placing all of my hope in you and asking for the patience to keep hoping, keep watching, keep calling...no matter how long it takes. I praise you in advance for the day he and I will say together, "Today salvation has come to this house..for the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost" (Luke 19:9-10).

Amen!