It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Small blessings
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:16 pm 

I am so glad I kept most of our baby stuff, even though I almost got rid of it in the fall. We only need a couple semi-big things and a few small things. One of the small things we needed was a diaper bag. I was out in the garage looking through the baby things and found the black diaper backpack I had used with dd with the changing pad still in it, both in perfect condition! So one less thing we have to buy! There were also more boy/gender neutral baby blankets than I thought so we won't need any of those.

We have so much stuff all coming up around the same time, so I'm saving money where I can. Ds's b-day is next month, dd needs a new bed and dresser, kids will need fall/winter clothes, and then there's the baby, lol.

Things are slowly coming together and I'm glad there's still time. One of the lady's in Sunday school was showing off her brand new granddaughter this morning and it made me all anxious to meet and hold my little "kicker", but at the same time, I am a little scared, thinking "Oh wow, there's going to be a BABY in the house! Haven't had one of those in awhile!"

Post subject: Re: Small blessings
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:24 pm 

Those ARE blessings! I wish I was near enough to pass our gender-neutral things on to you!

Don't forget to ask for the stuff you need on freecycle. We got TWO cribs, and two strollers on there. And, I frequently see posts offering baby clothes (even tho I've not been on there in a while).

I am SO happy for you having a baby to look forward to!

Post subject: Re: Small blessings
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:49 am 

LOL Funny thing is, I have had babies so close together that I think the day I find out I'm NOT pregnant, I will be thinking the opposite as you, There's NOT going to be a baby in the house?!
Geesh, I never imagined having 3 under 3, but I will! Or 4 under 5! LOL Both sound scary to me!

I just cleaned out the kids clothes and found a box of clothes fille with size 2 and 3, so my DS that is almost 2, wil be set! The baby on the other hand won't be so lucky, I gave away most of my girl things when I found out the last one was a boy. But I still have a few outfits for her and LOTS of blankets. I won't need a carseat or bed for her. The ONLY thing I want isn't a need, but I do want a double stroller so I can go for walks and have atleast 2 strapped down and I can always wear the baby! Ha, i even found a diaper bag I had for my daughter, so I won't need that either!
I wish I passed by your place on my way to NM, I'd drop off some of these boy clothes I have!