It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:55 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Re: Well when we were at half price books
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:28 pm 

The last time I visited my mom, we were driving late at night through the dark in the desert in the middle of nowhere. I started singing the song "Jeepers Creepers" from the movie of the same name (dumb movie, btw), about a "thing" out in the middle of nowhere that kills people for body parts. My mom started laughing and yelling "Stop it!" Lol! Even if I do feel a little illogical fear in situations like that, it gives me a little "thrill" and I think it's fun. And it's fun laughing at ourselves and each other for being dumb.

I'm not sure how scary movies make you afraid to drive across country, though? I don't see it being something that would stop me from doing that. It sounds fun. I would have SO much fun with the stairs and the dark, though. I'd be like *gasp* "Did you hear that?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:34 pm 

You're way more mischevious than I am! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:40 pm 

It makes me afraid of the bad guy. They're everywhere, you know!!
The boogy-man is just waiting for a person to walk off by himself, or to break down on the side of the road after dark, etc.
You know what happens to those people! :?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:50 pm 

Yeah, you probably wouldn't want to be in a scary situation with me, lol. I may be scared myself, but I'll definitely make sure YOU'RE scared, too!

This reminds me of when dh and I first got married and moved into our house (a really old house in mass. of all places!" We were laying in bed at night and all of the sudden the door to our bedroom slam shut, then opens, then slams shut, etc. It kept doing that and the stairs were making a creaking noise that sounded like someone was walking on them. I was laughing and screaming that we were going to die. I thought dh would get up and investigate what surely had a practical explanation. Nope, he wasn't budging. "I've seen too many things" he said, referring to the ghosts he has supposedly been chased by.

So pregnant me gets up without hesitating and goes into one of the other rooms and finds that we had left a window open and it was windy. I shut the window and no more door slamming/noises. I have never let him live that down.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:02 pm 

OH! That reminds me of my friends who on their honeymoon went camping along the banks of a river. In the middle of the night, an alligator approached their tent. The new groom ran out of the tent, leaving his bride in the path of the alligator, yelling "Every man for himself!"

Pregnant you had to go check?! Oh, dear, that is a lot of ammunition for teasing!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:37 pm 

Yeah, I don't think he expected me to do that. I guess he thought we'd both just lie there until whatever it was got us, lol! He quickly learned I'm a "there must be a logical explanation" kind of person and I'd rather find out what it is quickly, instead of sitting and "shaking in my boots".

If it had been an alligator (real danger, from something that really exists) I think I would have killed him, though, lol! I just about died laughing when I read that!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:44 pm 

WHY am I reading this thread??? If I have nightmares of alligators slamming doors I'll be so mad at you guys, LOL!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:07 pm 

Or, you can have my little one's most recent nightmare (last night)- Mommy wouldn't take her to the Kroger, and she hadn't even done anything naughty! She woke up crying!

I offered to have a talk with that bad "dream Mommy."

Daddy (always the sensible one) had us pray about our bad dreams tonight : )