It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:51 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Re: OK, it's been a week....
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:01 am 

Along with the hints that Martha gave, you can also click on the little arrow by the folder to the left and it will take you to the new posts in the thread.

I like it, because it's what I'm used to on other boards. Besides on the old one I couldn't see the smilies or the boxes up above the reply. I just had to guess if I wanted to put a quote or a URL. I imagine I'll probably be able to post more now. Instead of just "lurking" in the shadows.

Oh, if it can be changed, I'm not a big fan of brown either.

Last edited by Connie K on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:03 am 

StacyinTN wrote:
The only thing that I don't like about this new board is the very top part. The ads and all the other information takes up about a 1/4 of the top.

Agreeing, except for me it's the whole screen on my laptop. I have to hit Page Down every single time to start browsing, even to see which board I'm on. I realize the ads are necessary because clicking helps keep this site up and running (click, click, click!!), but to have to scroll to see anything is bothersome.

This new site IS soooo much faster. The old board loaded slowly every time for me, from day one.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:54 am 

If I can get used to hitting "reply" to reply instead of "new topic" I think I will be okay. Other than that I like this one better. I have survived lots of upgrades and this has been one of the better ones :D

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:04 am 

I didn't even KNOW it was brown! I'm oblivious to colors, unless they're very vivid & jarring : )

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:59 am 

I don't really like it, either, Martha.
Still trying to find my way around here. Given time, I probably will, but right now, I'm not liking it so far.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:53 pm 
Site Owner

SIGH. Well, bear with it. The other board was about to self-destruct. (Think of Mission Impossible!) We had no choice but to move. I really like this one for a number of reasons, but it definitely is different without the "threaded" approach.

I WILL be changing these colors. If you haven't been to our facebook page and commented on some of the uber-cool logos people are putting up, please do!!! I'm still looking for lots of options on logos, so if you or your kids are feeling creative, please make one and upload it! Thanks!