It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Question for Kindle users
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:04 pm 

Being amused that the google ad at the bottom of this thread is for the Kindle Fire!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:07 pm 

Kysa wrote:
Being amused that the google ad at the bottom of this thread is for the Kindle Fire!

That's what I call targeted marketing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:10 am 

Wish I could play with both of them before making a decision.
Did any of you actually play with one before owning one, or were they blind purchases?

ScottBiddle,
Amazing how small town America is even using this type of technology.

Guess I have to join the 21st century soon than later. There's just something to a woman about taking a good book into a soaker bath and reading it. I don't think you could do that with a Nook or Kindle, can you?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:05 pm 

What if it gets a glitch or something, like a computer would do.. do you lose all those books you've downloaded??

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:22 pm 

Hmmm, good question, Tory. I wonder if anyone knows the answer to it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:38 pm 

Well, I know my books I get from Christian Book remain on their server in my account. You can have the downloaded on your device or archived on their server, depending on if you have memory limitations or if you just don't want them showing up in your way. Sometimes the Christian Book app will have issues and I delete it and re-install, and I just have to download the books I want current from my account, but all the books I have purchased (bought or free ones) are still there in my account. I think the Kindle books I have are stored on their "cloud" but I'm not sure about that, I haven't used the Kindle app much and remember I am not on a Kindle. The books from my library are always accessible from the library website. They can be downloaded onto multiple devices so it is there for you until it expires. Some things have a max of 5 allowed downloads to different devices maybe. They have a waiting list that you can get on for things not available and they will email you when it is your turn. I have never had to wait very long though. They have a huge selection of classics that are always available. I have never been without plenty to find to read.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:46 pm 

No--I do NOT take my nook to the bathtub while I am soaking in a lavender bubble bath. I still have some paper magazines I save for that. Or paper copies of old friend books.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:10 pm 

No, I don't take mine in the tub either! I'm too clutzy. I do sometimes set it up to read me an audiobook while I soak, or cook, or ... :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:27 pm 

Tory wrote:
What if it gets a glitch or something, like a computer would do.. do you lose all those books you've downloaded??

Nope. The way they manage it is that they track all of the eBooks you have purchased and you get access to any of them on any device you register. If you register an iPad, a Kindle, an iPhone, and a home computer, the Kindle eBooks will actually automatically synchronize onto all of them. If it has a glitch, the reader will realize that it doesn't have everything you should have and download it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:49 pm 

Thanks, Scott - I didn't know that - cool to know : )

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next