It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:26 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: I'm pooped!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:38 am 

Now that we have some reletively empy/semi-empty rooms, we are on a campaign to paint and do some "fixing up." That way, when we are ready to sell, the house will look nicer.

Anyway, we are playing Round Robin upstairs...dh and I are moving into ds' former room, dd will be moving into dh's and my room that we are currently occupying, and the front room (currently dd's) will be empty...we will close off the vents, may put a little furniture in it to "stage" it....a small couch, endtable, etc. It's a pretty little room, but not really a bedroom...it has no closet.

Sooooooo.....we are working on ds' former room right now. I scraped off all the old wall paper border on Monday...and about killed myself! boy, was that work!!! Everything on my whole body was hurting and aching!! :lol: I have been trying to prep the room - taping the trim, caulking, etc....all we need to do in that room is just paint the walls...probably one coat. I am hoping that we can get it done by this weekend, but we'll see.

Doing the front room shouldn't be so hard, either...mostly just painting the walls in there, too. Doing our old room will be a different story, though...we have some sheetrock repair to do in there. sigh.

And the den....ugh...sheetrock repair, prime the ceiling and walls, paint the ceiling :( , triim and walls....we may NEVER get finished with that project! :roll:

This is an OLD house,too (almost 100 yrs old) with 10 ft ceilings....upstairs and downstairs. That makes everything harder and take longer!

And dh and I are old, too (not quite 100 years old, but feeling like it! :lol: ), and that also makes everything harder and take longer! You know....the old gray mare, she ain't what she used to be.....

I am pretty sure we will be investing a good bit in Advil and Aleve.

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

Post subject: Re: I'm pooped!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:22 am 
Site Owner

Aww, I'm sorry you are worn out. Old houses are so beautiful though!! Let me correct that. You have a classic house, and they are beautiful! I have an old house. LOL. I'm sure it will be something you will love to share with friends once you are done with all that hard work.

Post subject: Re: I'm pooped!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:56 am 

My dh and I were talking about being old, the day after we finished painting our guest room this weekend. I was a bit stiff and sore, then I went out and weeded the front yard, and used the weed eater in the orchard. I was feeling all my years and then a few more! How nice everything looks when you are done does make the suffering easier to bear! :D