It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:17 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: The weekend is here! What's up?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:13 am 
Site Owner

It's getting cold here on Saturday. Brrrrr. I'm not ready for winter! Dd's boyfriend is coming to visit. Otherwise, not much is on the agenda.

Post subject: Re: The weekend is here! What's up?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:51 am 

Homeschool archery was cancelled today because of the winds and rain from Sandy. We'll be doing lessons all day and trying to get in some practice for a taekwon-do tournament on Saturday.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:09 am 

Martha - is this a first meeting? That's a big event! : )

We have a house full of boys today. A friend needed someone to watch her younger hs kids while her dd does a campus tour. Our dd is DELIGHTED!

Oh, but dd also woke up with an earache : ( (her second in her entire life)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:27 am 

The cold front hit us last night, temps down, wind and lots of rain at 3am. High today will maybe hit 60. What a relief, its been in the 90's still here. Odd, because Sept usually brings the cool weather.

Dd has three wolf spider bites. One cleared up on its own but one is oozing the other is red and inflamed, she told me after school yesterday. Going to take her to her pediatrician today. So I have to hit her room for a major shakedown, vacuum every nook and cranny, move her bed and chest and git those darn nabbit creepy crawlies...so that is what is up for this weekend.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:32 am 

Wow - Sorry about the spiders! I didn't even know wolf spiders COULD bite! We used to have them growing up, and other than being creepily fast runners, they seemed trouble-free. Shows what I know.

Hope your DD is betters soon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:26 am 

Martha R. wrote:
It's getting cold here on Saturday. Brrrrr. I'm not ready for winter! Dd's boyfriend is coming to visit. Otherwise, not much is on the agenda.

"Forced" to go to my dh's work picnic on Saturday. We haven't been to one in quite a while, and he thought it would be a good idea to go this time since he is not on shift. At least it will be a free meal. :) He said don't need to stay too long. Just enough to show up, eat, chat a bit, and then, leave. In the past it was always fun b/c our kids were really small and they always have plenty of kids' activities, but ours our older now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:31 am 
Site Owner

Wolf spiders are on the semi-poisonous list. Definitely a good idea to see the doc and do lots of vacuuming! Yuck!!!

No, not a first meeting for dd's boyfriend. We've known him for years. They just changed status from friends to couple a few months ago. He was here a lot more when he was working on making that status change. LOL, now that has happened, he isn't here as much. His entire family is coming for Thanksgiving. I hope my arm will be out of the cast by then. Can't do pies with a broken arm!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:40 am 

What happened to your arm, Martha?

I was washing up jars we used for a science experiment, dropped one, it hit the sink divider, shattered, and cut my hands up. No stitches needed, but I can't close either hand into a fist. Still have to compete in the tournament tomorrow, but I will received point deductions for my fists not being closed. *sigh*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:18 pm 
Site Owner

Ouch, that sounds really painful, Kim. It's a crazy story about my arm, but the bottom line is that I fell and fractured the wrist in two places. Fortunately, it's my left arm, but still, it's really tough being one-handed. I hope it will be put in a short cast today!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:13 pm 

I am up at our place next door to my parents in the beautiful North GA mountains celebrating birthdays. My dh, dd, and sister are here. Sis and I finished our Operation Christmas Child shoebox shopping, put shoeboxes together and then went out to lunch at a little dive downtown...the Clayton Cafe. That was a fun "bucket list" item. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is gorgeous here. It is beautiful here anytime of the year, but the colors of fall are absolutely spectacular. Dh brought his motorcycle so he is out riding and enjoying the scenery right now. Sis is over here at our place and she and dd are goofing off on the keyboard. DD is hoping to go fishing in the little pond down the road. I am just enjoying being here with everyone.

I am hoping we can have a fire in our "fire pit" this evening and roast some hot dogs and marshmallows. That's always a fun thing to do! :D

I am just thanking and praising God for the beauty of this day and the time I have with my family.

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)