It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:32 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: A Woman of Many Characteristics
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:16 am 

A person is always impacted positively by someone in their life. Someone in the world will say that a celebrity has impacted them. A few people will say that their pastor has impacted them the most. However, none of these answers apply to me. My mother is the top person who has impacted my life in more ways than one.
My mother impacts my life by being my supporter. When I was younger, my mother signed me up to play soccer. In the cold and the rain, I would look into the crowd and see my mother sitting there bundled up in multiple coats, smiling and cheering me on. During the month of May, I perform in a dance recital yearly. Although I am not able to see her, I know she was out in the audience watching me. Sometimes during both of these two events, she would sit alone with no friends or my dad. However, she was still sitting out there, supporting me in the activities that I did.
Not only does she sit in the audience watching, she goes out of her way to do spend time with me. Instead of doing paperwork or running errands all alone, she will ask me to join her in whatever she is doing. Sometimes, we will search on Netflix for a movie or we will watch one of our favorite television shows. Other times, she will take me out to the mall where we will spend multiple hours shopping around and hunting for huge sales. Even though she has a lot of paper work to do throughout the day for a military program or places to go, she still finds time in the day to spend with me.
My mother also has an instinct to fight for me. Whenever my mother disagrees with what someone else wants for me, she is determined to get it her way. One example is when she was naming me before I was born. My grandmother said that giving me the name Ariel was a silly idea and that she should choose a normal name like Danielle. However my mother refused to abide by her rules and made sure that I was named Ariel. Another example is my promotions in my military unit. My old Commanding Officer sabotaged my promotion records, making me wait longer than I should have to promote to the next rank. When my mother found out, she argued with my Commanding Officer and went to multiple people for help until my promotion records were perfect. She is the one person I can count on to help me through my battles.
My mother is very special to me. There is something about her that makes me glad she is my mother and not anyone else’s. She is my supporter who will be there for me, even when I do not think she will be. Even when her day is packed with paperwork and running errands, somehow she makes the time out of her schedule to do something with me. Also, she makes sure nothing she disagrees with or let anything bad happen to me. She will fight for me no matter who she is going against or what challenges she faces. My mother has truly impacted my life in a very positive way.

Post subject: Re: A Woman of Many Characteristics
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:45 am 

What a sweet DD you have!

"Her children arise up, and call her blessed . . . " Proverbs 31:28 : )

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:53 am 

That's beautiful!

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:43 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
What a sweet DD you have!

"Her children arise up, and call her blessed . . . " Proverbs 31:28 : )

Last night, as I was reading this, I could not help but cry tears of joy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:59 pm 
Site Owner

Awww, that's very nice!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:31 pm 

This is so nice to read. You ARE a woman of many characteristics.. and you've raised a wonderful daughter.