It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:41 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Checking in.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:14 pm 

It's been a quick few weeks! Mom has been here 3 1/2 weeks and we are still getting her settled. She got her WA driver's license and her car registration is temporary while they FAX her title copy to the DMV. She switched her car insurance as her current one DOUBLED in price moving here!??? :shock: Geico gave her a much better deal.

She got out on her own and went "to town" by herself to pick up a UPS package they wouldn't deliver. She did good and had fun. :) She went "shopping" at our local store.

She still hasn't gotten her medical insurance. Her previous ins doesn't work here. She's going to contact the medicare people and see what's what. She's been cutting down her own meds. I had her make out a sheet of the meds she takes and that's hanging on my bulletin board. I want to get her in to a new doctor asap. It's not cool that the changing of states affects your medical coverage so drastically. :evil:

Anyway, the direct tv people are here installing a ... whatever they install so mom will be able to watch tv. Her dvd player doesn't work and she doesn't watch movies on the net. She hasn't complained at all, tho'. :) I think it may have been a good break for her. But now *WE* will have tv! :? We had to cut half of our beautiful weeping birch down to accommodate the "direct line of sight" for the thing. :(

Grandpa has taught dgs how to drive the riding lawnmower! Somebody feels big. LOL

Dh and i had a talk today about how things were going and we know we need to tweak some things. Getting up earlier seems to be the best solution. SIGH We have a wedding tomorrow afternoon and then he wants to take dgs fishing after church tomorrow. I hope to take the time to get my tho'ts organized on food for the next week or two. We've just mostly been eating whatever's handy or made a quick run to the store. It's hard to be realistic vs having good intentions. VERY hard for me.

I had to get new shoes for the wedding. The adorable black strappy heels i had for my one dressy outfit KILLED my bunion and it has ached for 5 months! I told dd to take them and don't let me have them back! I bo't two pair to try on with my outfit. I can take one pair back if i want - i was told there's a THREE MONTH window to return them! 8-)

I think that's about it. :mrgreen:

I haven't been getting on here nearly as much as before since i spend quite a bit of time with my mom. We still haven't gotten ALL of her things unpacked - kitchen spices and what not. If i don't get MY stuff in order nothing else is likely to get done either. :roll:

Linda, i am encouraged and inspired by your weight loss. I'm really hoping to get onboard now that things are slowing down a bit. I talked to dh about eating vegan and he just does not want to do that right now. I want to eat mostly vegan and watch portions but our household has gone so MEATY that it's difficult. Nobody else is eating veggies hardly at all! The other thing is exercise. I've absolutely GOT to start stretching and walking at least.

I'd love to hear where everybody else is at with the new school session in swing and fall coming on. :D

Post subject: Re: Checking in.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:07 pm 

Glad you're back, Sis! Great to hear how things are coming along : )

There are a ton of frustrations with moving - pure & simple. Glad you're helping your Mom get the bugs worked out : )

Hope we'll see more of you on here again, now that you're settling in.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:29 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
Glad you're back, Sis! Great to hear how things are coming along : )

There are a ton of frustrations with moving - pure & simple. Glad you're helping your Mom get the bugs worked out : )

Hope we'll see more of you on here again, now that you're settling in.

Anna, i don't think you mentioned which country your food choices decided you needed to visit? :)

I'm fed and showered and my face is on. Just about ready for the wedding. My hair needs to dry and i'll get dressed just before we go. I need to put together my sunday school class for tomorrow and i think my duties for the day will be done.

We are learning about not being influenced by the bad examples around us (3 John 11).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:35 pm 

I thot I did . . . . :?

Well, quite shockingly, even tho I tried to avoid it (by not picking foods that looked Greek - like Baklava), the thing recommended Greece. Again, I tried all different foods and it recommended Greece, AGAIN! Finally, on the third try, it recommended France. DD got Thailand (which would have made more sense for me - since I love Asian - than her - since she hates hot& spicy)

Anyhow - I don't know how they could get it so WRONG! I mean, Greece, not Cyprus? :o What were they thinking? ;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:39 pm 

"We are learning about not being influenced by the bad examples around us (3 John 11)."

OOOH - you could have a fun visual aid. There's an old "experiment" in which the leader opens a jar, describes it as "perfume" or "stinky" or whatever, and says we're learning about how scent travels in the air. Then they asks the members of the group to each raise a hand when they can smell it. Usually it only takes a minute or two for the whole room to raise hands - only to find out it was plain WATER in the jar. We're very suggestible beings.

ETA = it helps to have a 'plant' who will raise their hand first ; )

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:44 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
I thot I did . . . . :?

Well, quite shockingly, even tho I tried to avoid it (by not picking foods that looked Greek - like Baklava), the thing recommended Greece. Again, I tried all different foods and it recommended Greece, AGAIN! Finally, on the third try, it recommended France. DD got Thailand (which would have made more sense for me - since I love Asian - than her - since she hates hot& spicy)

Anyhow - I don't know how they could get it so WRONG! I mean, Greece, not Cyprus? :o What were they thinking? ;)

I would've been more inclined to agree with it if there was a description of the food as well as the pics. I tried not to go so Greek myself! LOL But i got Greece anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:46 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
"We are learning about not being influenced by the bad examples around us (3 John 11)."

OOOH - you could have a fun visual aid. There's an old "experiment" in which the leader opens a jar, describes it as "perfume" or "stinky" or whatever, and says we're learning about how scent travels in the air. Then they asks the members of the group to each raise a hand when they can smell it. Usually it only takes a minute or two for the whole room to raise hands - only to find out it was plain WATER in the jar. We're very suggestible beings.

ETA = it helps to have a 'plant' who will raise their hand first ; )

THANK YOU FOR THAT GREAT IDEA!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:44 am 

Sis
well, I tweeked my way of eating
still on nytrisystem but not using their bars , they are too sweet, having dh and dd eat them
they have way too many snacks and sweet.
After I lose a few more pounds and use their food up I am going to go back
to Somersizing, (food combining). Three meals a day and a snack, and not bars. That is the way I did it before. It is food combining. Pro/fats veggies, carbs/veggies no fats fruit is separate from other food.
Nutrisystem has helped me lose 15 lbs and I am tired of their food . getting really expensive.

I was checking the somerzing books again and I can have a root beer float.

Dd still has not found a job, I am having dh deal with her.
Then we are still dealing with the contractor and the insurance company.

I told dh I want to move in a year . I am tired of this town and so so much traffic down at our end.
Gonna really pray about it. God got us here he can get us out of here.

I am having problems with my writing, I write numbers wrong, I almost got lost coming home yesterday. I was at an intersection and could not remember if I needed to turn left or right. Now that is bad.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:31 pm 

Things here never seem to settle down. The baby is 3 months old now. He doesn't cry... he screams. :shock: I don't help with him as much as I did Izzy. I step back a lot more because I have my own life to live.
Our insurance agent inspected our home and sent me a detailed list of repairs that have to been done or they will drop us. I have been woeking all summer outside whenever I can. I have poisin ivy. When it cleared up on my arms I got again later down both legs. That's been fun!
I'm not working very much and the financial strain gets to me. I'm tired of the struggle. Some days I feel like there is no point trying.
I do keep trying though.
I will have the house paid off by this time next year and I look forward to the day!

Aug. Was 10 years since my dh died. I'm lonely. The kids are adults with their own lives (as it should be).My mom and sister are busy raising my sister's kids and my brother has moved away.
I've taken my mom to the Er twice in the past month. She's ok but same old thing: not taking care of herself.. no exercise not eating good food.

I'm ready to move on to the next chapter in whatever there is for me. I have no idea but I keep hoping God knows.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:45 pm 

who is adopting a baby?