It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Interesting series of events.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:55 am 

In my little sunday school lesson, a page came up about not letting things get in the way of you going to church. It had a maze to get thru to avoid distracting things. It just so happened that my class has been gone for the last 2 weeks!

Next, a friend posted a thing on fb that says: Parents that treat the church as optional, shouldn't be surprised when their children treat Jesus as unnecessary.

On the way into town today to visit a lady in the hospital (after church, of course), i heard on the radio that the hardest challenge youth pastors face is inconsistent participation in youth group. The kids have so many other things going on that they often miss.

It especially hit home today because SO MANY people were missing in service today. One guy is the ambulance driver that took the woman i visited to the hospital! One family was camping. Another was fishing. One has a ministry he's involved in once or twice a month on sundays. One guy's been missing all but one sunday a month - haven't figured him out. Another family i guessed would be missing because they posted fun and games on fb yesterday. ;)

Sunday church AND wednesday Bible studies have always been a priority for us. I don't mean to "judge" but if the fruit rots........ :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Interesting series of events.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:49 pm 

Dh grew up with Sunday morning and Sunday evening church, Wed Bible study and Friday youth and family. We're church-folk.

I went to a different church yesterday. They were promoting a sermon series on the Book of John complete with a 20 minute video immediately after service. I'd say 3/4 of the people stayed for that. It's is extremely rare for a church to scheduled stuff like that in the summer.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:06 pm 

Briva wrote:
Dh grew up with Sunday morning and Sunday evening church, Wed Bible study and Friday youth and family. We're church-folk.

I went to a different church yesterday. They were promoting a sermon series on the Book of John complete with a 20 minute video immediately after service. I'd say 3/4 of the people stayed for that. It's is extremely rare for a church to scheduled stuff like that in the summer.

I am so impressed that THREE FOURTHS of the people stayed after!!!!!

I also grew up in church for every service AND we cleaned, had bake sales, passed out bulletins, and so many other things. It was a big part of our lives (as it still is).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:56 pm 

Perhaps you can relate to this article:

https://babylonbee.com/news/after-12-years-of-quarterly-church-attendance-parents-shocked-by-daughters-lack-of-faith/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:02 am 

No, that isn't their name. I know these people! LOL

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:01 am 

Sis wrote:
No, that isn't their name. I know these people! LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: