It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Pray for my boys
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:48 pm 

Both of my boys are getting two teeth pulled tomorrow, so if you think of it will you pray for them? Their appointment is at 3:30.

Post subject: Re: Pray for my boys
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:52 pm 

Will pray for them!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:27 pm 

Praying for them!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:58 am 

Yup - will do : )

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:31 pm 

Thank you all for praying! When we got there, my ds's were called back as soon as we walked in. That has never happened before ever with this dentist. We usually wait over an hour just to be called and then it's another long wait for them to actually do any work on the teeth.
Not today! :D
Also... a few minutes later the nurse called me to the back and asked why we were only pulling 2 teeth each today?? I told her that they won't do all four at once, and she said "Oh, yes. We prefer it, unless you decide not to. But I see you live a distance from here and it will save you a trip if you do them all today." I just smiled and told her that she was wonderful!
I also told her that I had tried to get the appointment for all four at once and I was told no by the office staff! SO.. they did pull all four teeth for each boy and now those boys sit on my sofa feeling pretty lousy!
Praise God!! When you people pray, God moves. And HE was moving today.
On our way home, I got bumped from behind by a girl in a VW. I was sitting in rush hour traffic and had to ds's that had just had 4 teeth each pulled. Ugh. I decided to show the girl grace. I did not even pull over. We drove home.
I was afraid to look at my car, honestly. But once I got ds's inside and settled, I went back outside and looked. Just a tiny scratch on the rubber bumper. Nothing else!! No dent and you can't tell she hit me at all. Tee heee!!
Ds said the girl's car had a big dent in front. I feel badly for her but I guess she'll learn to slow down next time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:33 pm 

I guess I should say I'm not saying "Praise God" that they are feeling lousy... it just reads that way, lol!
They really do feel bad and I feel bad for them. My poor guys. :(

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:13 am 

Praise God that all went well with the surgery, they did it all at once, AND your car was undamaged on the way home!

Praying for their speedy & complete recovery.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:39 pm 

Gee, you sure do know how to pack a day full of excitement. ;) Glad they were able to do all the teeth at once, better to only have to go through it one time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:56 pm 

Today they are feeling it. They did get some sleep last night, which I'm glad for! We all settled down to sleep around 1 am. Then they called me at 6. So 5 hours straight is great considering!
I felt like I had 2 newborns there for a while though. Each one needing attention at once and it had already been a long day for me. Let's just say I didn't have any problems falling asleep once my head hit that pillow!
Today they are still on liquids but doing good. Watching tv mostly, and playing a game on the PS3. I will fix them a soft dinner because I'm sure they'll be ready for real food by tonight.
Thank you all for your prayers.
They are both very glad to have all teeth done and not having to go back.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:06 am 

I haven't had board time with my studies so I'm just now reading this. I'm glad all went well with the boys and there was no damage to your car. Hugs sweet Tory. I love you!