It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:59 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Sis - if you wait long enuf
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:28 pm 

I might find an answer to your question - even tho I can no longer find the question! :oops:

It seems to me that a while back (I have no concept of time) you had a question (you were relaying from someone else) about Christianity's main teachings (Death of Christ, Resurrection, Rebirth of Believers, etc) originating in ancient Pagan Myths.

Well, I finally found a great reference for you - tho I'm not sure you need it any more!

Josh McDowell's book, A Ready Defense has a chapter (14. P162 in my edition) "Is the New Testament Filled with Myths?" It gives a nice, thorough discussion in case the topic still interests you or your friend. and it's not excessively long or complicated to read. Well footnoted, tho, if you need more info.

I highly recommend this reference for every home anyway (not that I don't disagree with it ever ; ) It's a great resource : )

And you can get it used really cheap! https://www.amazon.com/Ready-Defense-Best-Josh-Mcdowell/dp/0840744196/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517801257&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=josh+mc+dowell+a+ready+defense

Post subject: Re: Sis - if you wait long enuf
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:18 am 

Anna1111 wrote:
I might find an answer to your question - even tho I can no longer find the question! :oops:

It seems to me that a while back (I have no concept of time) you had a question (you were relaying from someone else) about Christianity's main teachings (Death of Christ, Resurrection, Rebirth of Believers, etc) originating in ancient Pagan Myths.

Well, I finally found a great reference for you - tho I'm not sure you need it any more!

Josh McDowell's book, A Ready Defense has a chapter (14. P162 in my edition) "Is the New Testament Filled with Myths?" It gives a nice, thorough discussion in case the topic still interests you or your friend. and it's not excessively long or complicated to read. Well footnoted, tho, if you need more info.

I highly recommend this reference for every home anyway (not that I don't disagree with it ever ; ) It's a great resource : )

And you can get it used really cheap! https://www.amazon.com/Ready-Defense-Best-Josh-Mcdowell/dp/0840744196/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517801257&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=josh+mc+dowell+a+ready+defense

Thanks, Anna! It's always a welcome suggestion for the NEXT time it comes up because i'm certain it will. ;) Ya know, that title sounds so familiar i think i'll look thru our bookshelves first. Or the library at the church. It's been a long time but it seems like i've seen it around.