It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: President of Christian Thinkers Society's article
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:13 am 

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/11/29/what-mainstream-media-cultural-elites-just-don-t-get-if-there-s-no-god-then-there-really-is-no-humanity.html

"If there is no God, then there really is no humanity. If there is no God, there are no moral absolutes, no standard by which we can identify and judge evil."

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Post subject: Re: President of Christian Thinkers Society's article
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:15 am 

I try to tell my mom that but she's so brainwashed she can't see it. She says humanity/society has made the boundaries of good and bad. When she bashes men for their inability to keep their britches on i ask her why it's "bad" and she just says "because it is".

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:43 am 

Sis wrote:
I try to tell my mom that but she's so brainwashed she can't see it. She says humanity/society has made the boundaries of good and bad. When she bashes men for their inability to keep their britches on i ask her why it's "bad" and she just says "because it is".

Why are men the issue on that? Why not women? That seems pretty arbitrary. :geek:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:41 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
Why are men the issue on that? Why not women? That seems pretty arbitrary. :geek:

I worked at an insurance office when I was first married. I have witnessed firsthand aggressive woman pestering married men, especially those in higher jobs.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:14 pm 

exactly what I was thinking. Not to mention, there's more to the story than "aggressive" behavior - there are also factors like 1mm0dest dress and entrapment. That's what is bothering me about all these news stories. AS the old expression goes, "It takes two tango"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:24 pm 

Because it was my mom being pestered. She's been raped twice and had many men after her in all walks of life. Sadly, even pastors. :?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:03 pm 

I'm so sorry Sis. ((Hugs))

Human sin doesn't make an exemption for Clergy - Eli's sons in the Bible were badly punished for such behavior. And in our day & age when anyone can claim the title of Clergy without any proper ordination procedure, it is that much worse.

Ra*pe is a horrible crime - a tragedy to happen to anyone - much less twice.

When a chaste woman is pursued and attacked by a man or men with ill intentions, that is inexcusable.

But, the flip side of that is that in our modern world, there are many women like Potiphar's wife, or like the Woman at the Well (before she became known as St. Photini!) just as there are men like Eli's sons.

It is not fair to men - or to women - to pretend that men are the only ones who ever commit s**x ual sin.