It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Does God give us more than we can handle?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:23 am 

Yes!

People seem to always dismiss rough times, devastating times, with the saying from 1 Cor 10:13 but what it SAYS is, "He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."

He LIKES to stack the odds against us to bring us to our knees at times so we can watch HIM work!! It's not in our own strength, by ANY means, that we endure. If we don't lean on HIM, we may snap/break/crumble.

Rather than leaving people with the idea that God is dumb for thinking we can handle so much (hurricanes, fires, earthquakes, shootings, cancer, unfaithful spouse, kids on drugs, death of a child, etc), remind them that He wants them to come to Him to be comforted, for strength, and endurance. We can't lean on our own understanding. His ways are far above our ways!

Thank you for listening. ;)

Post subject: Re: Does God give us more than we can handle?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:00 pm 

Being tempted is different than giving us more than we can handle. Temptation and surviving disasters or tragedy are not the same thing.

I think we DO often get things that seem impossible to overcome and that's when those of faith lean more on God. I have no idea how those who are not believers deal. I guess that's where alcohol, crime, drugs, etc come in. ::shrug::

Post subject: Re: Does God give us more than we can handle?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:19 pm 

Tory wrote:
Being tempted is different than giving us more than we can handle. Temptation and surviving disasters or tragedy are not the same thing.

I think we DO often get things that seem impossible to overcome and that's when those of faith lean more on God. I have no idea how those who are not believers deal. I guess that's where alcohol, crime, drugs, etc come in. ::shrug::

Exactly.