It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Prayers again please
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:32 pm 

I'm doing my drug dosage and calculations retest in the morning bright and early. I have to be there at 7:15 and I live an hour and 15 minutes away. I've studied so much I think I've confused myself. lol I'm going to try to get up early enough to give myself 20 minutes to review before testing.

Please pray the Lord bring me remembrance of my formulas and understanding over each problem. This is really important for my field. I'm going to have to review weekly until we begin clinicals and start using this math everyday.

Thanks ladies!

Post subject: Re: Prayers again please
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:55 pm 

May your travel time be one of clarity and remembering of the information you have dutifully studied.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:07 pm 

So how'd it go, Jenileigh?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:44 pm 

CLW, I finally passed! But it's one thing after another. I'm sure it will be this way through out the program. There is so much to it. It's so easy for me to feel overwhelmed and wonder how on earth I'm going to get through this and what on earth made me try. I think I would have been so much better at the Dental Hygiene program but I need this. I keep telling myself I CAN do it, just put on foot in front of the other and not give up. I knew it was a tough program I just didn't realize how tough and I'm only 3 weeks in. I'm trying not to even think of a month from now. Please keep praying for me. My family really needs this.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:57 am 

There was a story of a wise, but uneducated old man who, when asked for his favorite Bible verse, said "And it came to pass . . ."

This too will pass!

A lot of tough programs have what is called a "wash out phase" - they put the toughest part of the program at the very beginning to get rid of those who can't pass that part. It helps everyone, because no one wants to waste 18 months in a program only to find out then that they cannot get this one tough thing and cannot graduate. Tough it out - in all likelihood it will get a wee bit easier as time progresses.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:25 pm 

One step, one day at a time, Jenileigh. You CAN do this. Keep repeating "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." It helps me get past a lot of tough times.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:30 pm 

YEAH! You passed one BIG test...Now praying you toward the finish line. May you be given wisdom and strength from the Lord in your studies. You are very compassionate and I can just see you being a GREAT nurse. Keep pressing in and pressing forward, Jeniliegh! With Christ's help, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
(Said in my best cheering voice...) ; )

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:54 am 

Thanks so much ladies! I really appreciate the support. Anna I'm praying so hard that what you have shared is true. Please God let it be so! They keep saying not all of you will make it.... we started with 50 we are down to 42. Only 13 graduated last year. That scares me to death. Press in and press forward. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. The favor of the Lord is upon me. I am blessed and highly favored. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:19 am 

When I was in basic training, I thought I would never make it through and they would just send me home! Same thing with med. tech and neuro tech training. I always thought I failed every test and that I was going to fail the whole program! Don't think about those who are gone. You're still there!

And I think you'd make a great nurse, too! We need caring nurses!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:39 pm 

They *intend* to scare you - more proof they're doing a wash-out.

Keep your eyes on where you believe God wants you to be. If you work hard, and He wants you there - nothing will stop you. If He doesn't want you there, you don't want to be there anyway.

If you look at it that way, it's a win - win situation - you *can't* have a bad outcome unless you don't try.