It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: For whom are you voting?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:39 pm 

No, I'm not asking you to tell me. :mrgreen: I'm just really struggling with the choices set before us. The whole process is corrupt and unwieldy. I feel like the choices are between Hitler and Stalin. I've not yet come to the place almost all of my friends have. I haven't listened to the speeches in full, just snippets. Some lost respect for Cruz yesterday and others had their confidence in him renewed. I feel like someone watching my friends and fellow countrymen being sucked into a whirlpool - or do they understand something I don't? I simply can't, as in I feel physically, morally, spiritually, UNABLE to vote for either of the two major runners. I may just write "other"! :? Puddle glum, stick your foot in the fire already!

I may lose one or two long time friends if they find out I'm "voting" for Hilary. :( That's what they say if you don't vote for Trump. A friend told me his nose was running and I said I'll vote for it!!!

Post subject: Re: For whom are you voting?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:47 pm 

In light of the recent events and all I am learning about Hillary, I have decided that my only option is to vote against Hillary (I'm sure you know what that means). She would be Obama 2.0 and I don't believe our country could survive her presidency. We're already in the brink. Plus, she will appoint judges that will impact the country for decades. I was never a Cruz supporter, but most of my church was. They reluctantly switched over to Trump as soon as Cruz dropped out. I thought that were crazy, but now I understand. Most people don't trust him, BUT here is how I look at it: 1. He couldn't do worse than Hillary, 2. He may have a big ego, but I don't believe he has an evil intent towards our country, like Hillary, 3. His children have done a great job speaking about his character and display wonderful character, themselves (if you haven't listened to their speeches, you should, as well as Rudy Giuliani and Ben Carson), 4. I think his business and financial success would be a huge asset, 5. Democrats are scrambling to switch to Republican and vote for Trump, 6. The fact that so many people are endorsing him as the last chance to save our country, speaks to how dire things are and how disastrous it would be if Hillary became president, and 7. Ben Carson is a highly intelligent man, who (whom? There's that evil word, again) I highly respect and was my first choice for president, and he very strongly endorses Trump.

So yeah, I'm not happy, but it's a last ditch effort to save my country. I voted my conscience last election and we got 4 more years of obama. Some people could not, in good conscience, vote for the lesser of two evils. I, in good conscience, could not keep from doing everything to prevent rewarding a lying, treasonous, evil, criminal, friend to terrorists, with my country.

Last edited by LisaTX on Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:57 pm 

One more thing: I have been reading a lot of comments from people overseas in Europe, going through all the immigration problems and problems with their government. They are overwhelmingly warning us to vote for Trump, I haven't seen one person advocate for Hillary.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:58 pm 

LisaTX wrote:
In light of the recent events and all I am learning about Hillary, I have decided that my only option is to vote against Hillary (I'm sure you know what that means). She would be Obama 2.0 and I don't believe our country could survive her presidency. We're already in the brink. Plus, she will appoint judges that will impact the country for decades. I was never a Cruz supporter, but most of my church was. They reluctantly switched over to Trump as soon as Cruz dropped out. I thought that were crazy, but now I understand. Most people don't trust him, BUT here is how I look at it: 1. He couldn't do worse than Hillary, 2. He may have a big ego, but I don't believe he has an evil intent towards our country, like Hillary, 3. His children have done a great job speaking about his character and display wonderful character, themselves (if you haven't listened to their speeches, you should, as well as Rudy Giuliani and Ben Carson), 4. I think his business and financial success would be a huge asset, 5. Democrats are scrambling to switch to Republican and vote for Trump, 6. The fact that so many people are endorsing him as the last chance to save our country, speaks to how dire things are and how disastrous it would be if Hillary became president, and 7. Ben Carson is a highly intelligent man, who (whom? There's that evil word, again) I highly respect and was my first choice for president, and he very strongly endorses Trump.

So yeah, I'm not happy, but it's a last ditch effort to save my country. I voted my conscience last election and we got 4 more years of obama. Some people could not, in good conscience, vote for the lesser of two evils. I, in good conscience, could not keep from doing everything to prevent rewarding a lying, treasonous, evil, criminal, friend to terrorists, with my country.

Ditto. Hillary should be in jail right now and not running for President.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:01 pm 

Sis wrote:
No, I'm not asking you to tell me. :mrgreen: I'm just really struggling with the choices set before us. The whole process is corrupt and unwieldy. I feel like the choices are between Hitler and Stalin. I've not yet come to the place almost all of my friends have. I haven't listened to the speeches in full, just snippets. Some lost respect for Cruz yesterday and others had their confidence in him renewed. I feel like someone watching my friends and fellow countrymen being sucked into a whirlpool - or do they understand something I don't? I simply can't, as in I feel physically, morally, spiritually, UNABLE to vote for either of the two major runners. I may just write "other"! :? Puddle glum, stick your foot in the fire already!

I may lose one or two long time friends if they find out I'm "voting" for Hilary. :( That's what they say if you don't vote for Trump. A friend told me his nose was running and I said I'll vote for it!!!

I would never defriend someone who votes for Hilary but I would definitely lose all respect for that person. My fil is leaning towards Hilary,but then again, he voted for Obama, not once, but twice. I have long since lost respect for him and think he is delusional. I am not calling you any names, Sis, but I cannot understand how anyone can vote for her. I don't want another Clinton administration. Been there not once, but twice. and no thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:12 pm 

StacyinTN wrote:
Sis wrote:

I would never defriend someone who votes for Hilary but I would definitely lose all respect for that person. My fil is leaning towards Hilary,but then again, he voted for Obama, not once, but twice. I have long since lost respect for him and think he is delusional. I am not calling you any names, Sis, but I cannot understand how anyone can vote for her. I don't want another Clinton administration. Been there not once, but twice. and no thank you.

What if I voted for someone else?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:02 am 

Who would that be Sis?
to me Hilary is worse than what we have now.
Trump , he cannot be half as bad as he sounds, I think he just opens his mouth when he should not. and probably says "oops".
I told my dh it would be a good time for the catching away of the saints right before the election.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:17 pm 

LisaTX wrote:

Isn't that how Hitler got in?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:32 pm 

Great points Lisa!

I heard someone say this: What would a vote for anyone but Trump accomplish? A vote for anyone else is not going to help prevent a Hillary presidency.

I saw a post on Facebook that said it nicely.....He was not my first choice, second choice or even third choice of who I wanted to be the presidential candidate, but right now he is the only choice that has a chance to prevent a Hillary presidency.

In my opinion, the fact that he is not already a career politician is one of his finest qualities.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:06 pm 

meth or cocaine? sigh