It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:40 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: what was shared with our class
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:20 am 

Sharing what was shared with me.

I think I'll start wearing a Cross.

The following is a true story of something that happened over the holidays that will really make you think & it could happen to any of us.

A young 17 yr. old boy was shopping in St. Cloud at a sports store, called Shields.
The cashier was a Muslim lady who was wearing her headscarf. The 17 yr. old was wearing a necklace with a cross on it. She told him he would have to put his cross under his shirt because it offended her. He told her [that he] would not do that. Then he told her that he thought she should take her headscarf off. She then called for the manager. The manager came out & told the 17 yr. old to just put his cross under his shirt and everything would be fine. The boy again refused to do

so & at that point he left the items he had intended to purchase & walked out.

Several customers who had been in line behind him had heard the conversation & also left their carts full of items & walked out of the store!! I SAY KUDOS TO THE 17 YR. OLD! We all know we are in some very changing times, & given the same circumstances, I pray we would all have the courage this young lad had.

Our Bible class spent a few minutes talking about the challenge we are facing for our first amendment right of religious freedom. (I have to wonder what’s next? Are they going to try to ban the jewelry store owners from selling any jewelry with a cross on it?) Please pass on & be ready to defend your religious rights!

Post subject: Re: what was shared with our class
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:21 pm 

Thanks for sharing. I think we should all be prepared for various confrontations. It's one thing to allow freedom of religion (to each his own) and another to require those of other persuasions to hide it from others.

OTOH, we should be living a life that bears the fruit, shines the light, and loves others in a way to be suspected of being a follower of Christ.